1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Domain Not Resolving!!!

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by renegadeavenger, Dec 1, 2006.

1. renegadeavenger

renegadeavenger Guest

I don't know why but one of my domains are totally not resolving on the server at all. It is not expired, and nameservers are pointed to the ones created in Plesk but for some odd reason this domain doesn't seem to resolve at all. I cannot even ping it from the server itself. Site preview seems to work. Any help would be wonderful!

2. JArnoldussen

JArnoldussen Basic Pleskian

57%
    Any thoughts? I'm having the exact same problem!

3. JArnoldussen

57%
    It appears to be caused because the server's DNS server isn't responding. Haven't figured out how to fix it yet.

4. JArnoldussen

57%
    FIX

OK, here's the fix:

Click on the Modules link in the left navigation, and then select Firewall. Once in there, click the 'Edit' button, and then click the Activate button. Follow the prompts, and all should be rectified. This assumes that you have not changed the default Plesk firewall rules that they put into this tool.

5. renegadeavenger

renegadeavenger Guest

hmm, I don't know if this is a solution for my problem... the funny thing is that every other domain is functioning fine, its just this particular one!