• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Domain Removal

P

pcaveney

I have a customer that had attempted to remove a domain from Plesk but received a removal error. I dont know if he removed it from IIS then tried removing it from Plesk, or if he just didnt stop the domain and tried removing it. But after the attempt as made, the domain doesnt work anymore, but when trying to remove it from the Domain listing it gives an error that the domain could not be stopped. And an error that user: (username) home: (2221) the username could not be found. But I try to create that usrename and it says it exists. There is no entry within 2k3 management for the listing of users. The account does not have an IUSR or regular account listing... any ideas on how to go about removing this entry from the Plesk interface? Please advise.

~~BUMP~~

Anyone have a solution? Still having this problem and would really like to get it solved. Thanks to anyone who can help.

either try to create what it complains about, which is the user (and other things that may follow after you resolved the first problem), or try removing the domain manually from the psa database ;)

I have had exactly the same problem and realise that I need to hack the domain out of the Plesk database as you have suggested .. but how exactly do I do this?

Monkey see monkey do please :)

Thanks

Colin

I can do this kind of tasks for you easily. You need to login to the database, browse the tables and delete at the right place. You may then also delete the domain from the web server and mailserver.

Many thanks. Please assume you are dealing with an idiot here :)

Can you tell me exactly how to get log into the database?

Colin

mysql -u admin -p password -P8306

be careful and good luck

Done that ... scared me sh**less ... :eek:

Just need to delete a domain, but can't see how to do that. Thought I ought to back the database up first from the Plesk interface and that errors too, but that may be because the domain no longer has an IIS entry.

I also tried the MySQL Administrator (windows GUI) but that doesn't allow editing of actual data as far as I can see ... but does enable editing of tables!!

Appreciate this is pretty basic stuff ... and thanks a lot for the help.

Colin

Thanks for all your help ... everything chopped out and tidy!

Much appreciated. :p

Back