• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domainmng dnsmng error HELP!

T

TommoD

Just bought a dedicated server with Plesk 7.5 installed, but I have had problems deleting domains. I get the error message,
Unable to remove domains: Problems occurred while removing domains: Unable to turn the domain OFF: domainmng failed: domainmng: /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/dnsmng execution failed:

dnsmng: Unable to open file "/var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf.lock": No such file or directory.

dnsmng: Error occurred while locking the file /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf

I am a total newb when it comes to Linux, so if someone could guide me through this I would be most grateful!

Thanks,
TommoD

I fixed it. I could only find named.conf in the /etc folder and the /var/named/run-root/etc folder did not exist.

I added the folder then used:
touch /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf
touch /var/named/run-root/etc/named.conf.lock

This created the files that Plesk was looking for. There may have been another way to fix this but this certainly worked for me.

Back