• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

domains set offline after couple of days / backup process hangs, no response

Y

yeploler

hello guys,

I've got a serious problem with plesk...

some of my domains are set offline after a couple of days (~26d) ...and the construction-page apears.. (also plesk still says that the website is NOT in offline modus an up'n'running) ...so a couple of domains just disappear and are replaced by this placeholder.... and I don't know why... there are no errors in the log-files...

who knows something about this problem??

my second problem...
sometimes the backup-processes seem to crash... the process does not respond.. .and after a while some of the mysql databases seem to be offline and also do not respond (so most of the websites put out mysql errors... you're not able to use those websites any more) ...untill I kill those processes via shell it's not possible to keep websites up and running... but not all db's seem to crash.... kind of strange

would be great if somebody knows why those problems appear..

ps. I'm using plesk 7.5.1. on a SuSE 9.1 system

thx in advance

loler

There are some problems with the backup utility on Plesk 7.5.1, that's why you experience these problems. But the domain should no disappear, it must be disabled in Plesk. Isn't it?

well no... the domains appear not to be disabled in the plesk admin panel... they're marked to be active... but they show the standard construction-page anyway... which should only appear in backup-modus or if those sites are really suspended...

if I renew the dns settings of those domains (standard settings) they're back online and working

any idea?

bye, loler

i had this problem too, i disabled stats and it went away.

domains must be manually enabled in the psa database.

hmm... which "stats" have you disabled?

please describe what you did to get rid of those problems with plesk =)

I'm still having troubles with the database etc.

best regards, loler

/domain/setup/

disable web statistics.

problem goes away for that domain.

im gonna install awstats or urchin, but i havent done it yet. Let me know if you find a way to "fix" stats without disabling them.

well.... I don't have problems with single domains... on my server a "tar process" always fails... this seems to happen peridocially (every friday morning)

I don't think that it would be a good solution to disable all webstats... (also because there are already to much domains on this server)

but I'm stil trying to find a suitable solution untill sw soft is able to provide a fix for this...

best regards, loler

The easiest way (as I have just found out) is to SSH into the server and run ::

killall psadump

This forces PSA to return the domains back to normal operating status.

I had 16 domains all go down into backup mode at once. During normal hours, even though the task was set for early AM. Bummer.

tmp :confused:

it seems that you are having a more similar problem to what i was having than yeploler.

Mine would die at strange times, usually in the middle of the night but not always.

i disabled webstats and havent had a problem in almost a week now.

bah. was awakened this morning by 3 phone calls about disabled domains. It seems that my problem is back.

Disabling of webstats did NOT fix it. The disappearance of the problem was merely coincidence.

anyone have any suggestions?

This same thing just happened to us this morning. Have a look at the action log for the day (Server - Action Log). We discovered several lines where the Status was modified for about 40 domains but they all happened within seconds of eachother so it would be impossible for a user to login and do this.

What's strange is that it shows the IP of the admin user disabling all the domains and we are 100% positive we didn't do this.

yeh that sounds like what happened to us.

did this work (from ssh)
killall psadump

I still havent tried it, but zxadmin said it worked.

I usually go into the psa database and change the disabled domains from status 4 to status 0

then go into plesk and disable and enable the domains (to reactivate the email and other things that error unless you reactivate them)

then i reboot the server because plesk hangs when i try to restart apache.

next time im gonna try:
killall psadump

it seems a bit quicker (assuming it works)

Hi,

I had also that problem some months ago, it went out that it was the "domain status" value in the database which didn't went back to normal. I fixed this manually (using mysqlFront) and restarted plesk. But this only worked just untill the next backup, I compared these "problem-domains" and saw that the used diskspace was close to the limit. I thought this might be a bug of diskspace calculation during a backup, so a domain is disabled during a backup procedure, caused by exceeding the limit ! So I reported that bug ... NO RESPONSE. After this I also found that all these problem-domains had mailing lists enabled, which I experienced had troubles to migrate to another server untill mailing lists where deleted.
So check first if "harddisk quota" in the domain setup is checked and uncheck it (ofcause after you restarted the server, to interrupt the backups - kill didn't work for me). Look if customer exceeded harddisk limit, and if then report this to SWSoft as a bug.

Regards,

Bart
(Belgium)

thanks for the help bart, but this is happening on some domains that hd quota is set to unlimited.

i disabled the quota on some others to see if that could be part of the problem.

Same thing here ... many of them were domains with "unlimited" for hard disk quota.

one of these domains is an extremely basic domain. one image file, and one index.html file... (doesnt get more simple than that) this particular domain has nothing enabled and is not set to backup.

very strange/annoying

like 9 of my domains were disabled today, seems to happen every monday morning.

"killall psadump" worked.

I still had to go back into plesk and enable the domains though.

Obviously psadump is the scheduled backup, which i dont think i have enabled for any domain. Here is what the log shows for psadump.
Apr 04 03:30:15 www.mydomain.com psadump: Can't use string ("<?xml version="1.0"?><psa versio") as a symbol ref while "strict refs" in use at /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.8.0/i386-linux-thread-multi/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 456.
anyone know what might be up here?

PSADump(er)

What I have noticed, as well, is that the PSADUMP scheduled backup runs almost daily for some sites that are needing to be backed up weekly/monthly. It seems that other domains that were constantly being hung up as a result, are now being hung up because of the random PSADUMP that occurs.

Does this not take a high priority from SW-SOFT? :rolleyes:

Does Atomic Rocket Turtle's backup add-on work any better than built-in?

many thanks,

tmp

everyone that is experincing this issue, are we all on rh9 plesk 7.5.2?

Edit- just noticed yeploler is on suse
.ps. I'm using plesk 7.5.1. on a SuSE 9.1 system

Back