• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

don't upgrade if you don't have to

adamjimenez

Basic Pleskian
i made the mistake of upgrading to this!

so far i've had these issues:

* emails started bouncing with error "Remote host said: 550 Your HELO string is incorrect" - managed to correct this by changing the hostname - but it did work before the upgrade.
* the default interface is a nightmare to find anything!
* no migration manager - I can't believe they did that.
* after the upgrade i'm now missing icons in the sidebar

+ there isn't much benefit of the new features... to me at least.

btw wrt to the missing icons.

it seems that the sidepanel part of the skin hasn't updated and is still part of the old skin.

I've had the exact same problems on 2 different boxes both running centos.

Not to mention the interface templates seem to have disappeared so now I cant hide any buttons, and the ones that were supposed to be hidden before are no longer.

LAME

btw wrt to the missing icons.

it seems that the sidepanel part of the skin hasn't updated and is still part of the old skin.

I've had the exact same problems on 2 different boxes both running centos.

Lemme guess, running in Virtuozzo??

Virtuozzo users - if you turn off offline management or update to the latest version of VZ, the issue goes away.

Well i have upgraded to last version and had problem with backups so i decided to reinstall a fresh copy of PLESK 9.0.1 and hope automatic backup run again. But no luck yet but i must wait as some say it runs but not on schedule times.
Hope it works though as its much job to manually make the backups

Back