• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Down at random with no sign of when or why...

H

HRegSales

Greetings [all],

I'm sharing this problem here in the hope of finding someone with similar experience and who knows - a fix.

Some domains or some particular services on some domains are coming down in a random basis. I found no pattern or logic behind it. The weird picture frames like this:

a) Domain is down or

b) Services like ftp, or mail are down for a domain

c) Plesk panel won't show a warn: looking at the lights, all is green

d) Enable/disable gear shows Disable, therefore we should presume the domain is Enabled, however domain and/or services are down and will come back up only after the enable/disable gear is toggled twice (that is disabling it and reenabling right after - manually).

e) Restarting plesk won't help

f) Rebooting server won't help either

g) Trying to manage the downed domain while it's down returns this:

=====================
FileList::init() failed: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: Unable to logon user (VEGAinternet): (1331) Logon failure: account currently disabled.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:program FilesSWsoftPleskadminhtdocsfilemanagerfilemanager.php:672 psaerror(string "FileList::init() failed: ls_dir_wrapper() failed: Unable to logon user (VEGAinternet): (1331) Logon failure: account currently disabled.")
================

but as (c) states, no red light or visible warn would sign to this in advance.

h) Plesk support firstly suggested me to trigger this one:

>>cd %plesk_bin%
>>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-all

But no avail, it simply gets stuck before any effect and aborting it reports the following error:

==================
The instruction at "0x1000457d" referenced memory at "0x00983da0". The memory could not be "read". Click on OK to terminate the program.
=======================

i) Plesk support suggested then to perform a plesk upgrade; I did it but the glitch remained. Then they suggested a reboot in order to "replace old php modules which control plesk and had wrongly remained" - reboot done, same thing all the way.

Would some of you have experienced similar spell? This is like a spell, strongly resists explanation.

Thank you in advance,

Paula

I am having a similar problem with only one domain on our 7.5.6 server.

Every once in a while, one particular domain stops working, always the same one. The windows accounts for it and its sub-domains are disabled and all the database passwords for the various databases are all set to "!!" and the web sites are stopped in IIS. We see similar errors that you've quoted above.

We have not been able to figure this one out. But if anyone has any clues, we'd sure like to make it stop doing this.

Erick

Hi alta.

That manual solution is not valid with hundreds of domains and having that problem randomly without any reason.

Back