1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice

Download virus files

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by luivan, Jan 13, 2005.

1. luivan

luivan Guest

Hi

Someone knows, where can I download diferent kinds of infected virus files,

I have a client who wants Drweb installed in his server but he wants to make some tests with diferent kinds of real viruses.

I have been browsing the internet but with any luck, really appreceate if someone can help me.

2. zboyblue

zboyblue Guest

http://www.webmail.us/testvirus

You can use that one to test with a virus file that is safe meaning it acts, looks, and smells like a virus but has no real viral code.

Works well.

Craig

3. CBiLL

CBiLL Guest

Never mind .. someone beat me posting the link to the testvirus site above hehehe ..

=P

Bill

4. luivan

luivan Guest

thanks

I heard about this place, but my clients insist to tests, with real virus

5. zboyblue

zboyblue Guest

From what I understand it is illegal to email someone a virus, I would use that as an excuse and tell him this is the best you can do. If it will catch these it will catch real ones. People on this forum have talked about what it has caught and what it has not, I would give him that information and leave it there. Actually if it were me I would tell him about it being illegal to send real viruses and leave it there. : )

Craig

6. ZopfWare

ZopfWare Regular Pleskian

57%
  7. zboyblue

zboyblue Guest

That site moved to the link I gave earlier.

Craig