• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Downloading large backups

kingsquare

New Pleskian
I have a problem i was hoping would be fixed in the new 9.2.1 version, but alas, it wasnt:
i have several resellers and customers having scheduled backups... So far, so good...
But when they try to download them (>5GB in size for some resellers) the whole system locks up (load sky rockets to 3+) because the download script tries to gzip the entire file... ?!!??!?

is there any way around this of some sort?

Nope as they changed the backups how they are stored and managed.

Your only hope is if you can find the script that does this and add a nice -19 to it will run at the lowest priority. But knowing parallels it's a binary so your screwed :(

?

So we're the only ones that have clients which have over 5GB of files they want to backup? That kinda sounds weird and unbelievable right?

How is my reseller supposed to get his files of my server?

Hi. Also note that trying to download a big file via HTTP can have some issues depending on your apache version. Apache usualy have a limited size for file downloading. It can be 2 or 4GB depending on the version.
Regards.

Back