• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Dr.WEb antivirus

I thought it was, but it turns out it isn't.

It's limited to a 15 user free license...

My logs from DrWeb as I thought it was running on ALL my mail users:
[12/23/04 10:14:15 00001c80] Key file isn't found. Trying to get evaluation e-mails list.
[12/23/04 10:14:16 00001c80] These e-mails will be checked: <REMOVED>

Kinda sucks, so I removed it and installed ClamAV, works a treat.

it is working for the serverside email scaning . I mean can it delete viruses after email reaches to server.

Is there a good HOWTO for installing ClamAV with MailEnable Pro that you can recommend?

Brandon

Originally posted by cbtrussell
Is there a good HOWTO for installing ClamAV with MailEnable Pro that you can recommend?

Brandon

For clamAV just install it somewhere on your hard drive, and then restart Plesk and plesk will pick it up as being available for use, then goto the control panel and goto the component options and click ClamAV instead of Dr.Web.

For MailEnable Pro:
http://www.xtra-swiss.net/me/

Originally posted by Leighm0
For clamAV just install it somewhere on your hard drive, and then restart Plesk and plesk will pick it up as being available for use, then goto the control panel and goto the component options and click ClamAV instead of Dr.Web.

For MailEnable Pro:
http://www.xtra-swiss.net/me/

1) Which version of ClamAV... did you install ClamWin or SOSDG - ClamAV For Windows?

2) Does Plesk 7.02 automatically pick up ClamAV, or do you have to have 7.5?

Thank you,

Brandon

1) Which version of ClamAV... did you install ClamWin or SOSDG - ClamAV For Windows?

2) Does Plesk 7.02 automatically pick up ClamAV, or do you have to have 7.5?

Thank you,

Brandon

1) I first tried ClamWin, but it didn't detect it, so I then tried the SOSDG - ClamAV port to windows and it detected that.

2) ClamAV / Dr.Web AV support was not introduced till 7.0.3 according to their Release Notes.

i have 7.0.3

Thanks for the info. I've installed 7.0.3 and have ClamAV installed and have selected it as the default AV component in Plesk.

I've restarted MailEnable Pro and Plesk, but ClamAV is not scanning mail. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Brandon

Thanks for the info. I've installed 7.0.3 and have ClamAV installed and have selected it as the default AV component in Plesk.

I've restarted MailEnable Pro and Plesk, but ClamAV is not scanning mail. Any suggestions?

Thank you!

Brandon

Check the MailEnable MTA pickup event is set to the memailfilter.exe file.

Then check the mail logs to see if ClamAV is detecting anything.

Thanks for the reply.

pick up event file is correct:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\bin\memailfilter.exe

There is no log output from ClamAV.

Here is the output in debug mode from the command line:

C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\Bin>MEMTA -debug
Debugging MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent.
* MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent (Version 1.0.02) *
* Copyright (C) Andrew Sproul, Peter Fregon 2001-2004. *

Loaded 0 Filters
Antivirus Loading Library..
Reading settings for: LS
Reading settings for: POP
Reading settings for: SF
Reading settings for: SMTP
0Allocating 0 Results
Processing Message...
Message Size detected as 2168
Processing Message Content...
From Found:From: "test account" <[email protected]>

To Found:To: <[email protected]>

Mime Encapsulatation detected
Attachment Found: name="eicar.com"

Attachment Found: filename="eicar.com"

Releasing 0 Results
Stopping MailEnable Mail Transfer Agent.
Releasing 0 Filters

Any ideas? I'm not getting any output in the AntiVirus log. The mailenable filter log "MTAFILTER Report" gives the following:

Time Action MessageID Connector Filter Result Account Sender
12/30/04 05:05:37 Start - - - - - -
12/30/04 05:08:09 End - - - - - -
Time Action MessageID Connector Filter Result Account Sender
12/30/04 05:09:22 Start - - - - - -
12/30/04 05:10:02 End - - - - - -

Despite the fact the 'test' button returns '1', it seems like ClamAV isn't being called at all when mail actually comes through.

Thanks again,

Brandon

By the way according to Sw-SoftSw-Soft on this Page Plesk AntiVirus by Dr.Web is currently available for Unix/Linux Plesk systems ONLY.

Is it an old data ? Does it also work with Plesk Windows 2003?

Thank you!

Brandon

Heh - someone should have mentioned you have to stop the DrWeb service and start ClamAV service in

Server > Service Management

:cool:

Brandon

Originally posted by aracnet
By the way according to Sw-SoftSw-Soft on this Page Plesk AntiVirus by Dr.Web is currently available for Unix/Linux Plesk systems ONLY.

Is it an old data ? Does it also work with Plesk Windows 2003?
Dr Web is now available for Plesk for Windows. It's free up to 15 mailboxes, then you have to pay. You should try ClamAV instead, search this forum there are numerous posts.

Brandon

is not Dr.Web is good enough ?Or you do not advise it only because of its price?

How to use free Dr Web AV in plesk

Hi,
Successfully installed version 7.0.3 now (easy to update thanks sw-soft) and have the Dr Web service available in the server management section. However, I cannot see where I can use this for the 15 free accounts used in plesk? Looking at the Dr Web page on the sw-soft.com website shows the config functionality available for Dr Web... where is this?
Thanks....

Dr. Web has holes like a Swiss cheese(tests under unix). I think for changing on merak. merak more has possibilities and is more professional ,however the investment is worthwhile itself. mailenable professional is like a tricycle.

Originally posted by Leighm0
1) I first tried ClamWin, but it didn't detect it, so I then tried the SOSDG - ClamAV port to windows and it detected that.

2) ClamAV / Dr.Web AV support was not introduced till 7.0.3 according to their Release Notes.

i have 7.0.3

Do you have a direct link? I find no reference to a SOSDG download?
http://www.clamav.net/stable.php#pagestart

Back