• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Drweb & Plesk Functionality

E

EnterpriseIT

Suggestion for Plesk Mail Instances in the usage of expand or just Mail option on standard plesk boxes

I would like to see that if you pay for DrWeb that by default all mailboxes have antivirus filtering on them and it's an option to turn off the antivirus.

It's a pain in the arse to have to keep going into every mailbox and turn it on for customers.

Has anybody else experienced this?

Originally posted by EnterpriseIT Has anybody else experienced this?

I think it's possible to turn it on global by using the group operations - but due to a bug (i think) in the latest Plesk release - I've changed the DrWeb configuration to always check mailboxes - no matter what the user has enabled/disabled in the Antivirus settings.

If it works as supposed to - you would tell DrWeb to always whitelist (check it for virus) a mail as opposed to the default setting where everything is blacklisted (don't check for virus as default) unless specific enabled pr. mailadress.

(did that make any sense at all?)

In the drweb_qmail.conf you can change the "DenyByDefault" setting from Yes to No. This will make DrWeb always check incoming/outgoing mails.

HI,

I know this post is from a while back but we;re trying to achieve exactly the same thing - Dr Web ON by default, an you give us an update on how you achieved it ...

Thanks ....

Originally posted by energylevel
I know this post is from a while back but we;re trying to achieve exactly the same thing - Dr Web ON by default, an you give us an update on how you achieved it ...

Nothings changed since my first post. So the suggestion still works.

So you did you use the drweb_qmail.conf modification ???

How about using Event manager in Plesk? This event will enable DrWeb for incoming and outgoing messages right after the mailname is created:

Mail name created
lowest (0)
root /usr/local/psa/bin/mail.sh --update <new_mailname> -drweb inout

Have you tested that, I was told it wouldn't work with Plesk on Linux

Top man it works, yipeeee .. I was told by someone that it wasn't possible !!

realaaa

Herer's a funny thing I just set this same event up another VPS and it doesn't work, any ideas why that might be ??

can't say why is that..

I can suggest you to try to do the same thing directly from shell and see if it works or not.

If it works, try to echo <new_mailname> to a file and then check the file if this variable was parsed properly by Plesk or not.

If the variable was parsed OK, then I'm out of ideas, sorry :)

probably then only support can help you.

Back