• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Duplicated MySQL

D

danielbogo

:rolleyes: I am facing serious problems when I will create
new database MySQL in Plesk 8.0.
System not accepts database Name
same for bill of different resale.

An example:
Resell (THE) it creates database with name (brasil)
Resell (B) it doesn't get to create database with name (brasil)

Alert system that database already exists!

That also happens for database users' name.

How that to solve?

You can't create databases or users with the same names under different client accounts, because the same database server is shared between all clients.

One way to solve the problem would be to prefix each database name or username with the name of the client, so there is no confusion, but unfortunately Plesk will not automatically handle this so clients or domain users can still use whatever names they like.

Alternatively, if it is important for a particular client to have their own database server, you could install a separate instance of MySQL on a different port and set it up as a "remote" database server. Clearly, this isn't feasible to do for every client.

My God!

Where will we stop?
ATTENTION SWSOFT!!!!! SOLVE THAT URGENT! THAT IS EXTREMELY NECESSARY FOR WHO CHOSE IN USING PLESK FOR RESALE.

ATTENTION SWSOFT!!!!! ALERT YOUR FUTUROS CLIENTES ON THESE YOU FAIL!

Which the providence that SWSoft will take?
Will it be that SWSoft will repair that?
Will it be that SWSoft worries about that?

Has anybody told this issue to SWsoft support? I am wondering what they say about this because I saw some people saying the same thing on some other threads in the Forum.

Back