• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

E-Mail Filtering Issues

C

ChildOTK

Hi Everybody,

I am having an issue here which I am unsure how I am going to solve it.

I recently upgraded Plesk to 8.3 via YUM, everything worked great, things which didn't seem to work properly now seem to work as it should be.

With part of the upgrade process I installed the spam module which wasnt previously installed, but I did not know it would activate the spam filtering on all my email accounts.

I already have SpamGuardian running on the server protecting my domains, so no additional spam filtering is necessary. I removed the module with the "rpm -e" command and the name of the RPM file, and it took a while removing all the spam preference files for each email account.

The problem I am now having however is that with some email accounts, they recieve two if not three of the exact same email. I send one email to an address, and when the person recieves it, there is two of the same identical email.

I have checked the headers of the two emails and the one goes through a spam filter and the other one doesnt. With the spam module having been removed, I cannot change any spam related settings to any email account, except through the SpamGuardian module.

I have deleted the email account and recreated it again in the hope that the problem gets sorted out, but the problem is still there. I have recieved notice from another person about recieving 3 identicle emails. My guess is there is some spam setting somewhere which is not correct. My own email account however does not have this issue.

If anybody can help me with this it will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
ChildOTK

To update everybody.

It seems I have solved the double email issue.

I had to manually change the .qmail file for each account on the server, the .qmail file contained

| /usr/bin/odeiavir
| /usr/bin/livesguardian
| true
| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir

I took out the | /usr/bin/deliverquote ./Maildir and now only one email is being recieved for the accounts which used to get two of the same email

The .qmail file is located under "/var/qmail/mailnames/domain.name/mailboxname/.qmail", just incase anybody else happens to have the same issue I had.

I now however need to locate the default .qmail file, because when I create a new account, the contents of the .qmail file are:

| /usr/bin/deliverquota ./Maildir
| true

and it should be:

| /usr/bin/odeiavir
| /usr/bin/livesguardian
| true

Back