• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EasyApache

Amin Taheri

Golden Pleskian
Plesk Certified Professional
In Cpanel (I hate to be one of those guys) they have something called Easy Apache.

it allows you to rebuild apache as well as php and php/apache modules all through a GUI.

Thats always nice to be able to do that stuff easily and with out having to make a console ssh connection :)

I help administer a cPanel-based server, and EasyApache really isn't that good :p. I've found the web-based EasyApache isn't that reliable, and usually use the console-based one.

cPanel basically force you to use Apache versions compiled with EasyApache. One of the reason I like Plesk is that you're free to use your own Apache version.

Ok, so you suggest completely changing the way Plesk works. Surely you can suggest that, but I don't think this is going to happen.

I can suggest anything I want to in the suggestion forums

And if it takes a redesign of plesk then yes, I am suggesting it as many people would find it usefull.

If you dont or wouldnt, then congratulations to you, and you can stay out of the thread since you wont be using it should it ever be done.

I was just making sure I understood what you were suggesting and whether you understood what you were suggesting. It appears you do, so yeah, great. Please let's keep things friendly around here, ok?

Theres nothing stopping you from doing it on the plesk side. PHP, etc are all things you can modify without breaking Plesk. Assuming you stick with the standard locations and whatnot (obviously since that is what I do).

What exactly is it that you'd want to get out of easyapache that the present packages arent giving you now? I'd be happy to take a stab at roughing something out.

Except for a gui of course... Im absolutely terrible at user interface design. Someone with, what do you call it... Talent... yes thats the word... someone with Talent would have to help me out there :p

@breun - I had no intention of having things move beyond friendly. I was just implying I am able to make w/e suggestion that I like in the suggestion forums. Should some one disagree with my suggestion is their perogative, but if you dont agree can simply skip over the thread.

@atomicturtle - Well in the past with Cpanel as an example (and I havent used Cpanel in years now so things could be terribly different) was that you basically opened a UI page inside plesk WHM and chose what modules were enabled, which php modules, etc

You then clicked on the submit button and it did a complete recompilation of apache, php, etc with all of the stuff you chose.

I'm not sure if something like that is still needed per se, and its not so much that Im looking for some thing specific, I was just remembering that such a thing existed in another control panel and that a whole lot of people really liked that it existed and used it quite frequently ( not sure why you would have to recompile that often, but thats another story ).

I'm a programer and network guy, not a design guy so unforunately I would have nothing helpfull to offer :)

Back