• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

eGroupWare / PHP / Base File Restriction

D

dsgncr8or

I am unable to get an install of eGroupWare to see a folder outside the HTTPDOCS folder... have i missed something? is there a way to make PHP see something outside the HTTPDOCS in the .ini fle? Please help - swamped with projects and wanna get them organized.

a simpering office worker.

ok.... running PLESK 7.5.4 and PHP 4.3.x - PLEASE o PLEASE give me some DIRECTION... (oh geeeze)

suffocating office worker under a pile of papers.

pretty please head my pointy head in the right direction... :confused:

Yes you can. What directory? My installation is set to write files and user uploads from the FILE MANAGER to a directory outside the hosts directory set by plesk.

Ok, for me the problem is that eGroupWare is not able to write to any directory that is outside the document root. Even making it rwx by everyone and making apache the owner of the directory doesn't help. Let me know what info you need to help.

Thanks,
Algirdas

Ah well i can show you how to do it on windows file system. set the directory in egroupware to any direcotry on the system then change the security permissions to allow rwe acces by a specific user if not he default web user.

I just noticed this thread and if anyone is still wondering if this can be done the answer is yes. It requires you create a vhost.conf file containing the paths that you wish to access outside of the HTTPDOCS folder. The reason this is a problem in the first place is because of PHP security restrictions (open_basedir).

Back