1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email Delay

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by teknovision, Jan 22, 2007.

1. teknovision

teknovision Guest

Hi there,

Haing quite long delays on emails being received, even when sending them from hosted account to another hosted account there seems to be about 1hr delay.

I did a qmail-qstat and it tells me:

./qmail-qstat
    messages in queue: 4045
    messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

Which I think is reasonable is it not? Server itself is not running higher than %1, can't really figure out what is causing delay of these messages, it used to be 5 seconds. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

.//phil

2. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

try to rise concurrencylocal and concurrencylocal in /var/qmail/control

If the files are not created then create them. Put in there 50 for both. Watch the maillog if it is sufficient . Also you can give a kill -14 qmail_pid . PLay a bit with this. But be aware that it could bring the server down.

3. teknovision

teknovision Guest

thanks blank. I'm assuming you mean; concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote. Sorry for the questions, a bit of a newbie here:

Do I then just create file and just put 50 in the first line and nothing else? Also, what rights should I give the files? Do I need to restart anything for it to take effect?

Many thanks for your help!!

.//philippe

4. albans

albans Regular Pleskian

5. blank_page

blank_page Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

Yes, just a number in the first line.