• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Delay

T

teknovision

Hi there,

Haing quite long delays on emails being received, even when sending them from hosted account to another hosted account there seems to be about 1hr delay.

I did a qmail-qstat and it tells me:

./qmail-qstat
messages in queue: 4045
messages in queue but not yet preprocessed: 0

Which I think is reasonable is it not? Server itself is not running higher than %1, can't really figure out what is causing delay of these messages, it used to be 5 seconds. Any ideas would be very much appreciated!!

Many thanks,

.//phil

Hello,

try to rise concurrencylocal and concurrencylocal in /var/qmail/control

If the files are not created then create them. Put in there 50 for both. Watch the maillog if it is sufficient . Also you can give a kill -14 qmail_pid . PLay a bit with this. But be aware that it could bring the server down.

thanks blank. I'm assuming you mean; concurrencylocal and concurrencyremote. Sorry for the questions, a bit of a newbie here:

Do I then just create file and just put 50 in the first line and nothing else? Also, what rights should I give the files? Do I need to restart anything for it to take effect?

Many thanks for your help!!

.//philippe

Back