• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email Error Messages - Message Delivery Delay???

A

advisornet

Email Error Messages - Message Delivery Delay???
I have recently switched to a server using Plesk 7.5 and some of our email users are getting a flood of error messages.

In all these messages the subject is either "Message Deliver Delay" or "Message Delivery Failure".

Does anyone know WHY our users are getting these messages and what we can do to stop them?

Thanks

It's mailenable messages. It means that these messages haven't been sent for some reason. Actually the reason of the problem should be mentioned there or you can try to figure out it through mail logs.

My server technician found a way to disable this feature on our server so that these "Delivery Error" messages are not delivered to any of the email users on our server.

Any reason why this is not a good solution?

Thanks

Would love to hear how he did that? Not sure if it's good or not, but would be nice to know.

I know I fixed some (so far all until a RBL block - fixing that right now) if not all of them by updating the DNS listed in MailEnable and on the TCP/IP of my LAN and rebooting the server (also did Windows 2003 updates at same time).

Maybe you can check on that. My DataCenter gave me the DNS search order for them :)

Back