• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email filtering... Is it possible?

D

Daniel15

Hi everyone,
I was wondering whether it's possible to do email filtering on my Plesk server. By filtering, I mean automatically moving emails into certain directories depending on its sender or subject. For example, I have two folders inside the INBOX of my personal email account: "MySpace" and "forum". Is it possible to automatically sort messages from *@myspace.com into the "MySpace" folder, and messages from eg. forum-[at]-daniel15.com into the "forum" folder?

I'm using Plesk 8.2 on Debian Etch, and do not mind installing additional software to handle this (as long as it does not break Plesk).

Ive got maildrop rpms in my archive, then you modify the .qmail like so:

| true
|/usr/bin/maildrop .mailfilter

and an example .mailfilter that moves messages with "*****SPAM*****" in the subject line to the SPAM folder:

if ( /^Subject:.*\*\*\*\*SPAM\*\*\*\*/ )
{
to ./Maildir/.Spam/
}

Originally posted by atomicturtle

| true

and an example .mailfilter that moves messages with "*****SPAM*****" in the subject line to the SPAM folder:

{
to ./Maildir/.Spam/
}

Hi Scott,

Do you have more detailed info about the above setup?

In your opinion, is that the best/recommended way to achieve a quarantine folder for spam messages with Plesk?

Thanks.

Im not sure how much more detailed I can make that :p

Theres more than one way to do it, for example I know that qmail-scanner has some built in logic to do it automatically. The example above is using maildrop, which is a procmail-ish type filter for qmail.

Thanks for the reply.

I'll experiment with it.

I wonder why SWsoft doesn't include a spam quarantine feature by default in Plesk.

| true

{
to ./Maildir/.Spam/
}

This might be a good solution for me if someone could enlighten me further on the code inside the .mailfilter file.

If I wanted to pipe a certain To: address, to a specific php script for bounce processing, how would I set that up?

For instance, my application sends out messages via smtp with SwiftMailer with the return-path: [email protected] so that bounces can be processed via the username in the return-path and a php script.

Anyone that can help me out with this would have my deep appreciation :)

Thanks

Tai

Back