• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email From Plesk Server Seen as SPAM

A

aviscat

Using Plesk 7.5.4

Emails being generated from programs on the server seem to be seen as SPAM. If sent to a gmail account it goes thru. Just tried and it didn't get to the Yahoo account but then sometimes Yahoo is slow to process things. When I sign up using my ISP (and I am sure others with their ISPs) I don't get a confirmation email.

What can I do to send emails out so that ISPs don't see them as SPAM? This is a MAJOR problem that right now my clients are not aware of. Please help.

Have you added 127.0.0.1/24 to the Global White List? This will bypass spamassassin. As for other mail services, make sure your reverse DNS (usually done by your upstream privider) correctly points to your server and not their pool of hostnames.

Originally posted by sieb
Have you added 127.0.0.1/24 to the Global White List? This will bypass spamassassin. As for other mail services, make sure your reverse DNS (usually done by your upstream privider) correctly points to your server and not their pool of hostnames.

Tried adding that and got "IP address/net mask pair is invalid". This is the only entry I have in white list - 127.0.0.0 / 8. What can I add to the mail white list so that it won't be seen as SPAM?

Back