1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Email from website that has no mx records

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by Roosta21, Aug 15, 2007.

1. Roosta21

Roosta21 Guest

I have a site that has the DNS and MX settings split the (the mx settings not with me).. obviously all the emails the website sends out after a user completes a form are not making it through to the user (im using joomla cms), is there any solution to fix this?

2. wildeep

wildeep Guest

Have you disabled the mail service in Plesk? (services>mail>disable). If you do this then Joomla should use the external MX record to send the mail too.

3. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

That way you'd disable mail server-wide. You might want to disable mail for that domain only...

4. wildeep

wildeep Guest

yeah, sorry thats what i meant. so domains>domain.com>services>mail

i dont know if you can disable mail server wide can you?

5. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

Sure you can. Just stop the services you dont' want to run (SMTP and/or POP3/IMAP).

6. wildeep

wildeep Guest

sure, i meant there is no simple "on/off" toggle switch like in the domain specific mail preferences.

7. breun

breun Golden Pleskian

What about Server -> Service Management? ;)

8. wildeep

wildeep Guest

oh yeah :D