• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Email problems after 8.4.0 update

F

fdoibz

After 8.4.0 update all domain's email accounts are not working.
I've tried mchk with no success, also reinstalling 8.3.0 qmail and courier-imap RPMs.
Nothing seems to work, any ideas?

We've been having this same problem on our servers since upgrading over the weekend. I have narrowed it down to the fact that the servers are ONLY accepting full email address authentication, and not username authentication. I have double checked all our settings and the control panel indicates that it should be configured for both types of authentication. It looks like the setting just isn't getting properly applied in the configuration somewhere.

Peace,
Kelly Shutt
Alentus

Thanks for your comments!

One question,
Does your poppasswd keeps blank after mchk? because mine is staying blank.
I have enabled Only use of full POP3/IMAP mail accounts names.
Have you tried anything else?

I have the same problem. Smtp authentication is accepting only full email addresses as login. Second issue that I have noticed is that when I switch on the message submission and configure Thunderbird for port 587 it does not work with SSL only with TLS, but maybe this issue concerns the client not the server ...

@websitesource

just one question did you switched the function from full/short to full only accepted with OK and then back to use full & short again ?

I had a simmilar issue with the RBL Blacklists, it was enabled in Plesk, but not knwon in the config files after switch on/off it comes back to normal behavior and works as expected...

I've tried switching it off and on again just a minute ago, but it doesn't work :(

@sidhe
as i remember thats "normal" that submission works only with TLS and it has nothing to do with 8.4

Brujo

Oh, ok thnx, I didn't know that ... still short usernames are not working :/

Yes, I did try switching the authentication settings but it had no effect. Yes, the poppasswd file is blank, even after running mchk. I think maybe something in the new version isn't updating the config files correctly.

Peace,
Kelly Shutt
Alentus

ok i am still doing tests on my server, does somebody has another port open besides the 25 port for smtp ?

I have another port open (26) and it does not work on this one only. Can anybody hlp me please....?

Parallels support solved my issue reinstalling some base and qmail RPMs that didn't upgrade well. I'm not really sure how, but my e-mail service is back online now.

Ok I solve my problem, in plesk 8.4.0 add a new line on

/etc/xinetd.d/smtp_psa

env = SMTPAUTH=1 SHORTNAMES=1

On the config of my other port, I add the new line to fix it.

Well, same problem, upgraded to 8.4 and now some of my client can´t send by SMTP (587), error 553...

As well the updater doesn´t show any upgrade or info.

Any fix?

When I was updating to 8.4, I needed to update about 3 times the spamassasin module, I dont know why it appears again and again.. and then no update, and no SMTP working well.

I got the same lines as Trujillo added before, and still the same error 553... help!

Email issues also after 8.3 to 8.4 update

I am also having the same problems. Unable to login using Horde webmail and pop accounts. Also unable to create test account and login. Regardless I get the login failed page or username and password incorrect for pop accounts.

I have also tried the command /usr/local/psa/admin/bin/mchk -v with no success. Domains work fine except email. Please help!

Thank you,
David

I managed to get almost everything working with emails after a traumatic Saturday, but I've not real idea as to which of the atempts at repair actually did the trick: I re-applied various RPMs over and over.

For a long time I was getting the dreaded wrong user in the queue problem that I managed to sort out with a cronjob doing a chown -R every couple of minutes.

SpamAssassin is resolutely not working though and so I'm drowning in spam again... I'm going to attempt to get greylisting back running today to get at least that 'protection' back on line.

This is proving very frustrating: particularly when there doesn't seem to be any indication as to why 8.4 was pulled off... I only did the upgrade because I was sick of being constantly told that there were 'new' updates for 8.3 but on arriving at the updater finding nothing to be updated. Really regretting that decision now. :(

Our site got upgraded to 8.4 today (we're still looking into exactly how this happened) and we're experiencing the same Horde and pop mail problems mentioned earlier. Can anyone offer any guidance on how to proceed (i.e. fix it or maybe rollback)? Unfortunately you are talking to an applications guy here; our web guru is on extended leave and checking in intermittently. It may be that he did the upgrade but we can't contact him via email as it's broken! What a fabulous pickle.

Thanks

Roger

A Serious Bug I'd Say

I've got the same problems - no one can send or receive email on my server. I've got a half dozen clients that are very irritated right now. This is a major bug with 8.4 in my opinion. Considering that in the forums this is the issue with the most posts and view I'd view it as the biggest issue with 8.4.

I updated because of the enhanced spam protection that was being offered - but I think not being able to get email is a bit excessive as far as spam reduction goes. ;-)

Can we get please get a response from Parallels about this? Is this issue being addressed? Please help!

For what it's worth I'm running Plesk on Ubuntu 7.10.

Yes, this problem major bug. Please fix parallels. My server Plesk on Ubuntu 7.10

I got the same Problem with an RedHat5 System and Plesk8.4!

Back