• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Emails stuck in queue, different kind of issue.

A

adrianTNT

Hello. Anyone can help with this please?

The emails are stuck in queue and are not send from* my server. This is not one of those previous cases when I had to increase the email sent at once to be able to send more emails. Only around 100 emails stuck now.
I cannot even delete emails by plesk queue interface, (no errors here though).

1. Emails stuck in queue.
1. From my command line if I ping something like google.com it says "ping: unknown host google.com"
2. If I try to update plesk it says that it "Couldn't resolve host autoinstall.plesk.com" needed to download updates.
3. DRWEB antivir appears OFF under service management and when I click "ON" it says: Service /etc/init.d/drwebd failed to start
4. I can ping 127.0.0.1 but not "localhost".

Anyone knows what is happening please? I think I have some DNS issues but I am not very experienced with Linux servers. Os is FedoraCore 4. Dedicated server from GoDaddy.
Their reply is to reprovisition the server, but I have over 30 websites :(

Mail Queue - caused by incorrect nameserver IPs in your /etc/resolv.conf file

I am no expert, but having some of the problem you mention. I was seeing mail being stuck in the Mail Queue. It seem to start after I moved the server to 8.6 plesk (may not be related?)

I entered a trouble ticket (my server is a dedicated through the GoDaddy reseller group - Wild West Domains)

They responded a few minutes ago saying

"was because of incorrect nameserver IPs in your /etc/resolv.conf file" and they corrected it.

It looks like mail is back on track with both of my servers now (thanks to great support on this one)

Maybe this will help others. I hope.
Brad
:)

Thanks, the single nameserver set in /etc/resolv.conf was out of service

Bradz thank you very much.
So I open /etc/resolv.conf file and it contains:
nameserver 208.109.96.1
Then went to Internic Whois (http://reports.internic.net/cgi/whois) and about that IP they says:
NS1.LEGITZ-SOLUTIONS.NET.NS-NOT-IN-SERVICE.COM
NS1.WOLFEDVD.COM
NS2.HAZEMKHALED.COM
Then I compared /etc/resolv.conf file with this file on my other dedicated server that works and this one contained:
nameserver 208.109.96.1
nameserver 208.109.96.2
options rotate
I updated my /etc/resolv.conf file with above values and it worked again.
So the issue was that the set nameserver was not-in-service as their name said, and I had not backup server set.
Thanks Bradz, I wish godaddy would have told me this.
Got to go now, I have 100 new emails in my inbox now :)

LOL Reprovision the webserver over a DNS resoltuion issue is a classic godaddy response.

Back