• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Empty domains after migration

Pagemakers

Silver Pleskian
When I migrate 9.2.1 from 8.2.1 and select 2 clients and 2 domains, 1 domain migrates perfectly and the other migrates but the html files do not. The domain is blank - the same domain every time on it happens every time I try.

Why?

Gotta love this stuff, here we are again beta testing sotware for the developers. Yes, I have found the same problem, I used the migration manager to migrate from another Plesk 9.2.1 software and it started working. I actually migrated about 6 domains, but then all of the sudden it just started hanging, a domain with only 20MB of date still hadn't finished after 50min., so I cancelled the migration. But of course that didn't stop the perl script from running on the machine that I was migrating from, even Kill PID didn't work, so I had to reboot the server. Tried several more times with several other domains only to find out that apparently there must be a limit to how many successful migrations you are allowed because it never worked again;-)

So it was time to try the command line backup/restore hoping that it might actually be fixed. WRONG! Ended up with map problems, so I followed the 9.2.1 backup CLI manual and manually created map files, only to find out that when you follow the steps you end up with a message from pleskrestore that it has been deprecated. So I looked in the KB and decided to copy backup files from the old FTP repository (oh yes, Plesk still does not allow you to copy a backup file from an FTP repository to the server repository or delete an FTP backup either) to the new server and actually try to restore it from with Plesk. But I found that it restored a 656MB file in about 5 seconds, and discovered that it restored the databases, with no tables, the base web structure, with no files, email accounts, with no emails. But the good news is that it reported that the restore was successful (not sure in who's opinion). No wonder it only took 5 seconds to do a restore.

Plesk 9.2.1 (beta), CentOS 5.3 64-bit, PHP 5.2.9, MySQL 5.079

Last edited:
I gave up on migration manager, terrible, so much to put it out, and it simply doesn't do it right. I can't understand how the transfers between the servers are so slow, and I'm talking under 1mbps, ridiculous. So I'm back to standard backup/restore for transfer, at least that way the dumps are reasonably fast and I can then transfer at full speed to the other server.

Just in case it may help someone. I was also have the issue of hosting config and content not being created and found the resolution to be:

1. Use the default DNS template - I had customised the template to suit environment

2. Make sure you fix the /etc/psa/psa.conf file removing the trailing slash on the line:
HTTPD_VHOSTS_D /virtual/hosts/directory/
as per http://kb.odin.com/en/5988

Once I did this migration worked perfectly with no errors.

Back