1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Enable HTTP Compression

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by MobileNow, Sep 9, 2008.

1. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

Does anyone have any information on how to enable IIS HTTP Compression on a server running plesk? I have enabled compression on the server, but it seems like only the "default" plesk web page is actually compressing the content.

Anyone have any ideas?

2. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

Does any one have any ideas on this? This seems to be a critical missing feature of Plesk.

3. prince

prince Regular Pleskian

53%
    Hello,

You have to do it directly from IIS.

It has to be done from the website properties.

4. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

Do you have instructions on how to do that? I enabled it in IIS and I set the properties in the metabase, however, the only site that seems to use compression is the Plesk Default Page site.

Any suggestions?

5. shall

shall Regular Pleskian

57%
  6. virajn

virajn New Pleskian

53%
    more info on HTTP compression on IIS can be found out here as well.

7. MobileNow

MobileNow Guest

I've tried that. It doesn't work. It seems as if the Plesk websites don't care about teh settings except for the plesk default site.

Does anyone have a tutorial on this?