1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

eNom Module won't let me change password

Discussion in 'Customer&Business Manager (formerly Plesk Billing)' started by Workshed, Dec 9, 2011.

1. Workshed

Workshed Guest

I accidentally entered the wrong password into my eNom Registrar Reseller setup screen, and now Plesk will not let me update it. I've tried everything I could think of, even clearing the password out of the billing database manually, then resetting it in the web interface, but it's like it's either saving the password elsewhere, or caching it somehow. Tried a different browser with cleared cache, same issue. I enter the new password, save, come back and it's the old password and I get an "incorrect username or password" error from eNom's API. I can tell it's keeping the old password, because it's the same as the correct password, plus one disallowed character at the end (disallowed by eNom's system). I even changed my password at eNom and tried inputting that. Same problem. Argh.

I am completely miffed at this, and need to get my reseller stuff set up. If anyone can tell me how to clear out that info and start over, or simply get the password change to take, I'd be incredibly grateful.

Server Info:

CPU AuthenticAMD, Quad-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 2374 HE
    Version Parallels Plesk Panel v10.3.1_build1013110726.09 os_CentOS 5
    OS Linux 2.6.32.9-rscloud

By the way, I've been trying to check for updates and the request keeps timing out...

Thanks,

Bret

2. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Bump, and a server reboot fixed the updater issue. Still struggling with the eNom password though...

3. DmitryK.

DmitryK. Regular Pleskian

30%
    What version of Customer & Buisness Manager do you use? (apt-cache show plesk-billing)
    I cannot reproduce this issue on the PP + CBM version 10.3.0-20110630.04.

4. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Hi Dmitry-

It looks like I'm running:

Version : 10.3.0
    Release : 20110630.04

Odd, same version as you. This is quite perplexing.

If it matters, I'm running the following PHP/MySQL versions:

PHP information Version 5.3.8 (128M)
    Database information MySQL: 5.5.18-cll

And, here is the enom registrar module info:

eNom Stable 2.0.0 Parallels

Thanks for your reply and any other advice you might have!

-Bret

5. DmitryK.

30%
    Hello,

If "Work in test mode" checkbox is unchecked on the "Edit Registrar Options" page related to eNom Registrar then you should change your password by this link:
    https://www.enom.com/myaccount/editcontact.asp?

If "Work in test mode" checkbox is checked then you should change your password by this link:
    https://resellertest.enom.com/myaccount/editcontact.asp?

Also after changing password you should add IP addresses that are allowed to access your account on the test server by this link:
    White IP list: http://www.enom.com/resellers/ResellerTestAccount.asp?Action=ManageIP

By the way, I've been trying to change "correct password, plus one disallowed character" at eNom but it is not allowed because there is validation on the "Account Settings" page .

Regards,
    Dmitry

6. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Hi Dmitry-

I'm confused—I am having trouble changing my password within the eNom Registrar module in Plesk Billing. Plesk Billing cannot connect to eNom due to the wrong password in there. Are you saying that Plesk Billing is getting the password reset by the eNom API somehow?

I'll take a closer look and give those links a try. Thanks for your help!

-Bret

7. DmitryK.

30%
    Hello,

Can you describe this issue step by step? When you open to edit eNom Registrar module then it is trying to connect to eNom using password which has been saved before this. If you can edit eNom Registrar module in Plesk Billing then you can change current password on the same password as in eNom test or real account. Plesk Billing couldn't reset password using the eNom API, you can change password manually only in eNom website using the above links. If you cannot edit eNom Registrar module in Plesk Billing could you tell me please about warning or error messages related to this issue.

8. Workshed

Workshed Guest

Never mind, I figured it out. Apparently you can't have a FTP user with the same username as the eNom API user. I believe it was somehow substituting the FTP user's password for the one I'd enter into the eNom module setup. I changed the FTP username, went to the eNom API module, and it saved my password. Very strange!

Anyhow, thanks again for your help and persistance!