• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of network problems: !!!!

T

TylorFamous

All I want to do is create a database and I am having so much trouble.

I log into plesk > Domains > domain.com > Databases > Add New Database > (fill info) OK

Then I get this error:
Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of network problems:
Try to establish connection failed

It was like this ever since I first got it from Godaddy... What am I doing wrong?!?!

Make sure that the "MySQL Server" service is enabled and started from your Services list in your Computer Management Console.

I set the startup type to be Automatic instead of Disabled.

I can't thank you enough! You can't imagine how much trouble you saved! It worked perfectly! Thanks a million :D

I am trying to do the same exact thing and do not know how to get to the computer management area.
Please forgive me for being a complete newbee

Resolved my problem By this Method

i had this problem by Plesk 9.01 and Windows Server & MsSQL 2008

i have this problem because Expired Password for Database Administrator login

Resolving :
i check Database Servers Setting in plesk ( it is in Home at plesk 9.*)

i view Microsoft SQL Server had Red Alert

i click on Microsoft SQL Server and Then Preferences icon

i find Database Administrator login UserName

then i find this Username in SQL Server Managment => Properties => Uncheck Enforce password Expiretion and OK

http://www.EsfahanHost.com
Masoud Saeidi

Reply to Thread : Error: Connection to the database server has failed because of net

Hello!

This is Himanshu Kumar Pant from eWebGuru.com. I got the same issue, This is because of password conflict of sa user, You can change password of sa user from database(SQL Management Studio) end and plesk. This will resolve the issue.

Himanshu Kumar Pant
http://www.ewebguru.om
Reliable web hosting

I had the same connection issue, but it was related to the connection methods of sql server. Named Pipes should be enabled in order to Plesk can work fine.

Mine was not enabled.

error connection to the database server has failed because of network problems plesk"

I am getting the following Error ,while i creating the DB in the plesk It is showing that"

"error connection to the database server has failed because of network problems plesk"

Solutions:
1)Once check the TCP/Ip protocal status if it is disble enable it in the SQL server

configuration manager.
2)Is your are still facing the problem check the DB server type and Host Name from the

Database server option in the plesk admin control panel ,it is same as the DB connetion

name in the server.If it is not match with the server DB name create the Aliases name for

the exciting DB name server in plesk.

Ex:in the server Db name is server088 ,Db name in the Plesk is servers088
The difference is that 's' is not mentioned in the server so you have to create the DB

aliases from -->SQL server configuration->Sql native client configuration->new Aliases-->

Aliases Name server Protocol parameters
(Plesk DB name) (server DB name) np(Named Pipes) \\servername\pipe\sql\query

Back