• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error Creating Domains

V

viroid

We're having trouble adding domains to Plesk v8.1, this is a clean install of Plesk and Smarter Tools.

The details of the error are as follows

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Can't get domain default settings.
Domain: ashleycs4.com [ashleycs4.com].
Reason:
Failed to log in.
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

The installation steps were as follows;

Deleted the certificate from the IIS default page (to allow installation of SQL)
Installed Microsoft SQL
Installed the FrontPage 2002 Extensions
Installed SmarterTools
Installed Plesk 8.1

At this point, we started receiving this error when attempting to add domains. So we removed and then re-installed SmarterTools, didn't seem to resolve the issue.

...Chris

Originally posted by sergius
Please go to Plesk > Server > Components Management > Mail Server and check SmarterMail status

I verified the username/password for the mail login and was then successfully able to create a domain. I received an error about not being able to connect to the SMTP Service, I checked that and it hadn't been installed. So I installed it and I'm able to telnet into localhost on port 25 but I'm still receiving this error:

Warning: Unable to send notification: mail() failed: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

Any suggestions?

In Plesk the settings are as follows;

General

Maximum letter size 5120 KBytes

Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary (Unchecked)

Relay Options

Relaying closed
X authorization is required:
POP3 lock time 0 Min
X SMTP

Use no relay restrictions for the following networks:
IP address/mask

127.0.0.1/32

... It appears to me that the entry for loopback is there, there is a minus button to the far right that is disabled.

In SmarterMail under Settings>General Settings>Security I see "Allow Relay = Nobody"

My options are, Nobody, Local Users, Local Domain, Anyone

It looks good.
Seems you saw SmarterMail-specific issue which essence is smarterMail does not listen port 25 while there are not registered domains on it.
Please try to add new domain and error should not occur.

Originally posted by sergius
It looks good.
Seems you saw SmarterMail-specific issue which essence is smarterMail does not listen port 25 while there are not registered domains on it.
Please try to add new domain and error should not occur.

Oh, well that's interesting. Thanks Sergius, I really appreciate your help. Have a great day.

...Chris

Plesk Super Guru,

I'm still receiving this error; at one point I had 4 domains setup. Any other suggestions off the top of your head?

viroid,

Please run netstat -onab | findstr :25 in cmd and type result here. Last column is process id that you can find in task list.

Back