1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error Creating Domains

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by viroid, Feb 12, 2007.

1. viroid

viroid Guest

We're having trouble adding domains to Plesk v8.1, this is a clean install of Plesk and Smarter Tools.

The details of the error are as follows

Failed domain creation: Unable to update domain data: Failed mail post-configuration: Can't create mail domain servie: mailManager->addDomain() failed: mailmng failed: Can't get domain default settings.
    Domain: ashleycs4.com [ashleycs4.com].
    Reason:
    Failed to log in.
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\create_domain.php:146

2. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Could you please describe how have you installed Plesk and SmarterTools step by step?

3. viroid

viroid Guest

The installation steps were as follows;

Deleted the certificate from the IIS default page (to allow installation of SQL)
    Installed Microsoft SQL
    Installed the FrontPage 2002 Extensions
    Installed SmarterTools
    Installed Plesk 8.1

At this point, we started receiving this error when attempting to add domains. So we removed and then re-installed SmarterTools, didn't seem to resolve the issue.

...Chris

4. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please go to Plesk > Server > Components Management > Mail Server and check SmarterMail status

5. viroid

viroid Guest

I verified the username/password for the mail login and was then successfully able to create a domain. I received an error about not being able to connect to the SMTP Service, I checked that and it hadn't been installed. So I installed it and I'm able to telnet into localhost on port 25 but I'm still receiving this error:

Warning: Unable to send notification: mail() failed: Failed to connect to mailserver at "localhost" port 25, verify your "SMTP" and "smtp_port" setting in php.ini or use ini_set()

Any suggestions?

6. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    Please be sure open relay is enabled for 127.0.0.1 in SmarterMail.

7. viroid

viroid Guest

In Plesk the settings are as follows;

General

Maximum letter size 5120 KBytes

Check the passwords for mailboxes in the dictionary (Unchecked)

Relay Options

Relaying closed
    X authorization is required:
    POP3 lock time 0 Min
    X SMTP

Use no relay restrictions for the following networks:
    IP address/mask

127.0.0.1/32

... It appears to me that the entry for loopback is there, there is a minus button to the far right that is disabled.

In SmarterMail under Settings>General Settings>Security I see "Allow Relay = Nobody"

My options are, Nobody, Local Users, Local Domain, Anyone

8. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    It looks good.
    Seems you saw SmarterMail-specific issue which essence is smarterMail does not listen port 25 while there are not registered domains on it.
    Please try to add new domain and error should not occur.

9. viroid

viroid Guest

Oh, well that's interesting. Thanks Sergius, I really appreciate your help. Have a great day.

...Chris

10. viroid

viroid Guest

Plesk Super Guru,

I'm still receiving this error; at one point I had 4 domains setup. Any other suggestions off the top of your head?

11. sergius

sergius Golden Pleskian

57%
    viroid,

Please run netstat -onab | findstr :25 in cmd and type result here. Last column is process id that you can find in task list.

12. viroid

viroid Guest

TCP 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:0 1064