1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

error installing DBD::mysql

Discussion in 'Plesk for Linux - 8.x and Older' started by manodrum@, Mar 16, 2007.

1. manodrum@

manodrum@ Guest

running FreeBSD 6 with Plesk 8.0.1

ran "install Bundle::DBD::mysql" in cpan and got the following error:

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 76.

Cannot find the file 'mysql_config'! Your execution PATH doesn't seem
    not contain the path to mysql_config. Resorting to guessed values!
    Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 465.

help?!?

2. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

Yeah I've had this fun. I ended up downloading DBD::mysql by hand and compiling from the command line. Whats happening is that because PSA installs Mysql in /usr/local/psa/mysql, the installer cannot find it. The location which can be specified as far as I know only by compiling DBD::mysql by hand and specifying the location of mysql_config which is /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql_config.

Another thing you can try is making a sym link to it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

Thanks,
    James

3. DCNet_James

DCNet_James Guest

ln -s /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql_config /usr/local/bin/

4. manodrum@

manodrum@ Guest

fixed

Thanks!

I fixed it... i just ended up installing perl-DBD-mysql-4.003 from ports in freeBSD

Thanks again