• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error installing DBD::mysql

M

manodrum@

running FreeBSD 6 with Plesk 8.0.1

ran "install Bundle::DBD::mysql" in cpan and got the following error:

Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 76.

Cannot find the file 'mysql_config'! Your execution PATH doesn't seem
not contain the path to mysql_config. Resorting to guessed values!
Can't exec "mysql_config": No such file or directory at Makefile.PL line 465.

help?!?

Yeah I've had this fun. I ended up downloading DBD::mysql by hand and compiling from the command line. Whats happening is that because PSA installs Mysql in /usr/local/psa/mysql, the installer cannot find it. The location which can be specified as far as I know only by compiling DBD::mysql by hand and specifying the location of mysql_config which is /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql_config.

Another thing you can try is making a sym link to it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

Thanks,
James

Originally posted by DCNet_James
Yeah I've had this fun. I ended up downloading DBD::mysql by hand and compiling from the command line. Whats happening is that because PSA installs Mysql in /usr/local/psa/mysql, the installer cannot find it. The location which can be specified as far as I know only by compiling DBD::mysql by hand and specifying the location of mysql_config which is /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql_config.

Another thing you can try is making a sym link to it in /usr/bin or /usr/local/bin.

Thanks,
James

ln -s /usr/local/psa/mysql/bin/mysql_config /usr/local/bin/

fixed

Thanks!

I fixed it... i just ended up installing perl-DBD-mysql-4.003 from ports in freeBSD

Thanks again

Back