• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

error message when deleting client

E

epicweb

Has anyone seen this message when deleting a client or domain name from plesk? The domain name is already removed from IIS - I just want to remove it from PLESK.

Error: Unable to remove clients: Unable to remove client: Problems occured while removing domains: Unable to remove hosting: SiteAppManager::deleteDomain() failed: SiteAppManager::uninstallSiteApp() failed: SiteAppManager::uninstallSiteAppDelete() failed: Unable to create SiteAppPackage object: SiteAppPackage: unable to select: no such row in the table.

We appear to be having the same issue on one of our servers, did you bump into anything that will help?

Here is our error:
Table::select() failed: no such row in the table
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSZone.php:49
DNSZone->DNSZone(string '9')
1: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\common_func.php3:2653
objectMaker(string 'DNSZone', string '9')
2: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\dns\DNSManager.php:34
DNSManager::getDNSZone(string '9')
3: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Domain.php:618
Domain->getDNSZone()
4: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.PhDomain.php:372
PhDomain->delete()
5: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.BsDomain.php:282
BsDomain->delete(integer '0')
6: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.BsDomain.php:475
mdeleteDomains(array)
7: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\class.Manager.php:339
Manager->removeDomains(array)
8: C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\domains\domains.php3:171

Repairing the PLESK instance from add/remove programs does nothing to help.

Running PLESK -> Reconfigure -> Repair does nothing to help.

>> DNSZone.php:49 appears to be a dns related issue,

PLESK suppport suggested to run:

%plesk_bin%\dnsmng update *
Which does not appear to help solve this issue.

Next I checked the psa database in the dns_zones records and this domain is not present. So it appears that somehow the dns for this domain name was removed from the psa database. Not sure, but most likely related to table corruption, but a check Table in MySQL show no issues?

In anycase, I figure that the fastest way to solve this issue is to re-create the missing entries in the psa database, which should then allow plesk to remove the domain.

Somehow the record for the dns_zone in the PSA database had gotten removed before the domain was removed from the PSA database. Client said they just tried to remove the domain using PLESK.

I did the following to correct the issue:

----------------------------------------------------------------
Edit the file for the PSA MySQL instance:
C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\Data\my.ini

Add the following line to the top of the [MySQLD] section:

skip-grant-tables

Restart the PLESK SQL service.

Login at:
cd C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\MySQL\bin\

mysql.exe -uadmin -P8306

use psa;

Select * from domains where name = "thedomainname.com";

Get the dns_zone_record_ID# listed in the last column

INSERT into dns_zone values
('dns_zone_record_ID#','thedomainname.com','thedomainname.com','[email protected]','0','master','86400','86400','10800','3600','3600','3600','604800','86400','10800','3600');

Make sure that the above line does not wrap in to two lines, it needs to be
all on one line. Also, please make sure to change

the dns_zone_record_ID# to the actual dns_zone_record_ID# and change
thedomainname.com to the actual domain name you are trying to fix this issue for.

Remove the "skip-grant-tables" from my.ini and then restart the MYSQL and PLESK SQL services again.
---------------------------------

After that I was able to remove the domain using PLESK

i have many sql erros since the plesk 7.6.1 upgrade

Errors when try to remove some clients and some domains.. swsoft need urgently to improve the new versions and realease a fix

Appearently PLESK is aware of this bug, which I am told occurred on a botched PLESK upgrade. They claim to have a patch file which recreates missing plesk database tables. (Which I have already manually fixed with the above.) I was asking for a copy if it thinking that there may be other affected tables, but I think it is not yet ready for public release yet? Anyone see a patch for this on any of the ftp pubs?

man this is getting completely ridiculas, we have had to do this for 40+ domains over the past few months and now, this method is no longer working to fix the problem. ****, please someone help.

SW-SOFT you should have created a fix for this issue and issued a HOTFIX file or added it to the last upgrade installer. This is cuasing us so much trouble. Clients/resellers have domains which they need to remove and they cannot, since they are at thier plan limit for number of domains, they cannot add the new domains to thier accounts, therefore they contact us. We tell them it is a bug in PLESK from the last upgrade and we are awaiting a fix for it. That was over 2 months ago. Is this really how you want hundreds of hosting professionals to remember your software? DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Strange... I have EXACTLY the same issue deleting domains in the Linux version. I believe they have a bug they cannot easily fix or they want our nickel to pay to fix their bugs.

No offence sergius but I have heard many horror stories of your tech team loggin in as root or Administrator and messing up more things then what the original problem was in the first place, and since we have over 300 accounts on this server, we do not want to risk damaging our business any further. We need a fix or solution that we can do ourselves, that way the only ones we can blame if things go wrong is ourselves.

Other solution by the user blank_page

This solution looks very close to the one I wrote a while back, but hey at this point I will try anything, maybe there was something I missed, so i will try this fix again and hopefully it will work this time. However, from what I have observed, it appears that even with matching domain ID numbers in the domain it will still not remove the domain, but like I said it is worth a shot, so here we go..

From http://kb.swsoft.com/article_159_1360_en.html
and find domains which have missed ID:

mysql> SELECT d.name FROM domains d LEFT JOIN dns_zone z ON d.dns_zone_id=z.id WHERE z.id IS NULL;

When I run this SQL query, it returns an empty set, so no luck there, but I will more on to next step, becuase I already know which domains we cannot remove using PLESK.

NOPE THIS DOES NOT HELP SORRY, after syncronizing the domain ID and dns_zone_ID , re-creating the DNS zone files with PLESK, and then attempting to remove the domain, we still have the exact same error.

Error: Unable to remove domains: Problems occured while removing domains: Table::select() failed: no such row in the table

Excuse me, let me correct this, these suggested fixes DO work for PLESK 7.6 but they do NOT work for PLESK 8.0 or PLESK 8.1.

I have found that when deleting domains I managed to crash the Linux server itself. It doesn't happen all the time but twice yesterday and it requires a hard reset to bring it back to life. Each time the same footprint was left, which is remnants of the DNS records and other hosting items which would not delete because of discrepancies in the DB. That is when this fix needs to be applied because the domain won't delete via Plesk.

I have 13 more domains to delete, anybody have any suggestions how to prevent the server from crashing on domain deletion? the var/log/messages file has no useful info on the problem and shows normal operation before the crash and then the reboot.

Did you first apply the "DNSZonesRepair.exe" before you removed the domains?

Back