• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error on physical hosting setup for site: No chrooted shell

S

serg3263

After I create site in PLESK CP, I open "Setup" and choose "Physical" hosting type.
Then PLESK prompts to configure ftp access user.
After I specified user details PLESK gives error message

unable to update hosting preferences: hosting update failed: vhostmng:
setup_chroot(): nochrooted shell for <USERNAME> found
[OK]

Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: setup_chroot(): No chrooted shell for <DOMNAME>

----------------------------------------------------------------------

0: /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/domains/hosting/phosting_setup.php:290 psaerror(string "Unable to assign variables for PHostingForm: Unable to get hardquota state: vhostmng: setup_chroot(): No chrooted shell for <USERNAME> found")

I check /home/httpd/vhosts where site directory expected but there is not directory.

Q: What may cause this error?

Try creating the physical hosting with the ftp user shell access set to 'forbidden' at first, then once the hosting has been setup, go back in afterwards and try setting the shell access to /bin/sh (chrooted).

No site directory created

I check ACLs for PLESK-important directories, apache home directory, .skel and more others -- no psaserv group denied found.

But PLESK does not create directory for new site.

I tried to setup disk quote for new site but take same ERROR.

Q1: Where can I find detailed PLESK logs?

Q2: What may cause non-created site directories?

Q3: Where I can look princips apllying by PLESK to create site directory structure?

Back