• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error sending Mails (#4.3.0) qq trouble in home directory

E

ElmarL

I upgraded my PLESK Installation to 9.2.3 yesterday and activated the built-in graylisting (greylisting).

Everything works fine, except sending mails.

The problem is, that mailusers from local domains are treated as if they were foreign domains by graylisting.

They get the error "(#4.3.0) qq trouble in home directory" when trying to send an email the first time.
5 Minutes later the E-Mail goes through without problems.

So my question ist, how can i change the behaviour of greylisting, so that SMTP-Auth-authenticated attempts to send a mail are not processed by greylisting??

Any help ist appreciated...

Regarding error '(#4.3.0) qq trouble in home directory' I can say that it is correct behaviour of GreyListing feature: the GL handler is returned TEMPFAIL error code(4xx) but explanation text is wrong.
This problem was discussed by developers and no quick solution because some redesign before-queue handlers processor required. There are no such functionality in handlers specification. As i understand Outlook Client must to place such message into outgoing queue and send later(after GL interval was exceeded).

Regarding your question about SMTP-Auth-authenticated attempts I have submitted request to developers. I will update this post as soon as I receive answer from devs.
Don't hesitate to remind me in PM if I forget :)

Same

Hello,
i have the same problem.
Every outgoing email will go into the greylist. if you send an email to the recipient a second time, everything is fine.
Can you please fix that.
Greets
Marco

Hello,
we have the same problem.
Outgoing mails will be stopped in the postexit and after 5 minutes they will be sent.
recipients which are already blocked for 1 time will not be blocked again.
if you look into the greylist you can see the blockd outoing mails.
We have Plesk 9.2.3 wit Greylist Manager.
Greets
Marco

It is necessary to understand that mail from the authorised user will not be exposed to check as GL handler and any another (in an ideal) before-queue handler (SPF, drweb, kav). It is made for reduction of useless server overloading because client is authorised already.
In all other cases absence of delay indicate about operation of one of rules black/white pages or mismatch IP of the address to the domain name given on HELO or received from ' From field: ' SMTP sessions.

??

Hello Igor,
thanxs for the reply but i don´t understand what you want me to tell.
Checking outgoing mails in the greylist is a bug, isn´t it. GL should only chekc incoming mails.
Greets
Marco

Marco,

I will update this thread when I receive any additional information from developers.

Any new news?

Hello,
are there any further improvements?
Some days have been passed by, nothing happened.
Greets
Marco

Developers have informed that there is no any greylisting handler for before-remote. It can occurs if mails were sent with before-queue for any reasons. They have informed that can't say now why it can occurs and deep investigation directly on server is required. They have suggested contact Support Team.

Any new news

Hello Igor,
any new news about the problem, because it still exists, even on upgrading to 9.3 of plesk.
Greets
Marco

Same problem with plesk 9.3.0

Any solutions from developpers?

If you mean "qq trouble in home directory" message that it is correct behaviour of GreyListing feature: the GL handler is returned TEMPFAIL error code(4xx) but explanation text is wrong.

Plesk 10 still the same error

I randomly still experience this error. I have installed new plesk 10 and getting this randomly on different mailboxes.
This is coming only on windows system using Outlook.

I solved this problem by deleting the mailbox, and recreating it (obviously remembering to copy all the settings first).

Back