• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error updating, not sure how to correct

T

themancan@

Hi all.
I have Plesk 7.5.2 on SUSE linux (7.5.2-suse9.1.build75050128.10) and I'm getting the following error when trying to update to 7.5.3 or 7.5.4:

----- begin of output -----
Installing mysql-client-4.0.18-32.i586.rpm
file /usr/bin/perror from install of mysql-client-4.0.18-32 conflicts with file from package MySQL-server-4.1.9-0
file /usr/bin/replace from install of mysql-client-4.0.18-32 conflicts with file from package MySQL-server-4.1.9-0
file /usr/share/man/man1/perror.1.gz from install of mysql-client-4.0.18-32 conflicts with file from package MySQL-server-4.1.9-0
file /usr/share/man/man1/replace.1.gz from install of mysql-client-4.0.18-32 conflicts with file from package MySQL-server-4.1.9-0
----- end of output -----

A while back I manually upgraded phpMyAdmin (this was obviously before I figured out that there were better ways to upgrade from within Plesk, I know it was dumb), but I've switched it back to how it was and it doesn't seem to help. It looks like the error is referring to MySQL, but I didn't touch the MySQL installation, so I'm confused.

Any ideas or expertise from somebody who actually knows what they're doing?

Thanks!
-Brett

Thanks for the answer. I've never done an rpm before, but the -e is to erase MySQL? This may be a really stupid question, but will this get rid of all my existing database? (That would be bad.)

If that's the only way to fix this, is there an easy way to do a complete backup of every database on my server, then restore them as they were (users and all)?

Thanks again for your help. I've spent hours on Google trying to figure this out but haven't made much progress. It is greatly appreciated.

Back