• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error using scheduler and backup

R

RobertS

I have since a few days an error when I open the scheduler function in Plesk (7.5.6) and when I open the scheduled backup utility.

I get on both the following error:
-------------------------------------------

Unable to create Scheduler object: Scheduler::load() failed: SchedulerManager::get() failed: listmng failed: Could not find file "D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root".
---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
0: D:\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\sysuser\scheduler.php:117 psaerror(string "Unable to create Scheduler object: Scheduler::load() failed: SchedulerManager::get() failed: listmng failed: Could not find file "D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root".")

------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this and how tto fix it?

It seems that file
D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root
is lost.

Please check it.

The map D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules is completely empty, no files or subdirs are present.

Hm I could not reproduce this error.
Even I remove D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root Plesk creates it once again.

To try to fix it manually I can suggest you to create the file
D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root

and put the next text into

<schedule email="&quot;&quot;" enable="true"><tasks /></schedule>

Tried that allready, when I try to create that file the system gives an message that the file is allready present. Strange message because it isn't listed (and yes I have enabled list hidden files) in Windows and Plesk itself errors that the file is not present.

same problem

I have/had the same problem. The file allready exists. I used some NTFS utilities in order to delete the root file. I have delete the file and then you can click on scheduler but it will e empty. For some reason (later) the root file created as "hidden" again. I have no explanation for that.

Originally posted by RobertS
Which utillity did you use to delete it?

You can use the NTFS4Dos in order to boot with ntfs access on your disk and then go to the schedule dir and delete the file.

That is not an option, the server is located elsewhere and I have to manage it fully remotely.

So booting into DOS is not an option, actually I don't want to boot at all, you never know if the server comes back online again.

Yes, the cause is mostlikely a virus, in worse case a root kit.

Download Dr-Web cure-it (free edition), run it and it will mostlikely report a virus, remove it and the problem is gone.

Goodluck

The most probably reason is BackdorHackDef.100 virus or some installed software

Back