1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error using scheduler and backup

Discussion in 'Plesk for Windows - 8.x and Older' started by RobertS, Mar 12, 2006.

1. RobertS

RobertS Guest

I have since a few days an error when I open the scheduler function in Plesk (7.5.6) and when I open the scheduled backup utility.

I get on both the following error:
    -------------------------------------------

Unable to create Scheduler object: Scheduler::load() failed: SchedulerManager::get() failed: listmng failed: Could not find file "D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root".
    ---------------------- Debug Info -------------------------------
    0: D:\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\htdocs\sysuser\scheduler.php:117 psaerror(string "Unable to create Scheduler object: Scheduler::load() failed: SchedulerManager::get() failed: listmng failed: Could not find file "D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root".")

------------------------------------------

Does anyone have an idea what could cause this and how tto fix it?

2. OlegB

OlegB Guest

It seems that file
    D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root
    is lost.

Please check it.

3. RobertS

RobertS Guest

The map D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules is completely empty, no files or subdirs are present.

4. OlegB

OlegB Guest

Hm I could not reproduce this error.
    Even I remove D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root Plesk creates it once again.

To try to fix it manually I can suggest you to create the file
    D:\SWsoft\Plesk\Schedules\root

and put the next text into

<schedule email="&quot;&quot;" enable="true"><tasks /></schedule>

5. RobertS

RobertS Guest

Tried that allready, when I try to create that file the system gives an message that the file is allready present. Strange message because it isn't listed (and yes I have enabled list hidden files) in Windows and Plesk itself errors that the file is not present.

6. axiomgreece

axiomgreece Guest

same problem

I have/had the same problem. The file allready exists. I used some NTFS utilities in order to delete the root file. I have delete the file and then you can click on scheduler but it will e empty. For some reason (later) the root file created as "hidden" again. I have no explanation for that.

7. RobertS

RobertS Guest

Which utillity did you use to delete it?

8. axiomgreece

axiomgreece Guest

You can use the NTFS4Dos in order to boot with ntfs access on your disk and then go to the schedule dir and delete the file.

9. RobertS

RobertS Guest

That is not an option, the server is located elsewhere and I have to manage it fully remotely.

So booting into DOS is not an option, actually I don't want to boot at all, you never know if the server comes back online again.

10. resellertr

resellertr Regular Pleskian

57%
    I have same problem with my 2 server, did anyone solve this problem?

11. RobertS

RobertS Guest

Yes, the cause is mostlikely a virus, in worse case a root kit.

Download Dr-Web cure-it (free edition), run it and it will mostlikely report a virus, remove it and the problem is gone.

Goodluck

12. Gris@

Gris@ Guest

The most probably reason is BackdorHackDef.100 virus or some installed software

13. resellertr

resellertr Regular Pleskian

57%
    Yes I found;

BackdorHackDef.100 on servers. After cleaning it server is ok now.