1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Error when attaching a domain to a template

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 Troubleshooting Issues' started by Snowmon, Feb 21, 2008.

1. Snowmon

Snowmon New Pleskian

Hi

We're running Expand 2.2.2 and having a template set up with the following properties-

-Microsoft ASP support
    -Microsoft ASP.NET support [version 2.0]

On the server itself the same template has the exact same properties.

The problem occured when trying to upgrade a domain to this template, in Expand.
    I used the "apply another template" function and it failed with the following error:

<errtext>[Operator] PleskAgent error. Error Plesk server #13 answer for domain #3052: (1019) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Invalid name. ASP.NET version is not supported. Supported versions are: 2.0, 1.1.</errtext>

I checked if it works if I disable ASP support on the domain and it still didn't.

If anyone can provide any insight or guidance regarding this problem it'd be much appreciated.

Kind regards,
    Snowmon

2. gold

gold Regular Pleskian

57%
    What Plesk version are you using?

3. fakenbich

fakenbich Guest

try to check your asp.net versions available on your system. Just go to the properties of some domain in IIS and choose ASP.NET tab.

Also you can try to verify that domain with ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 support can be created from Plesk.

If it can be created from Plesk then the problem is somewhere in between of Expand and Plesk.

The error is strange actually, Plesk states that it supports ASP.NET 1.1 and 2.0, but at the same time it says that ASP.NET version that Expand tries to apply for domain is not supported. On the other hand Expand can only try to apply ASP.NET 1.1 or 2.0, nothing else is supported.

After all, if Plesk can create domain with ASP and ASP.NET 2.0 support and Expand can't with the same strange error message I would apply to support.

4. girin

girin Guest

Try to install the latest version of Plesk.

5. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Can you share the problem report generated? It is available if you click on symbol of failed action in action bar (bottom of the screen) and then click problem report link. Passwords are hidden there ('**..*')so sharing should not affect your security.

Developers say the problem will be fixed in upcoming Patch 3.

Regards

6. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    Here is the problem log from our server:

PROBLEM REPORT FOR ACTION #13256964
    ==================

ACTION INPUT
    -------------
    <?xml version="1.0"?>
    <packet version="2.2.3.15">
    <set_use_template>
    <filter>
    <id>868</id>
    </filter>
    <values>
    <tmpl_id>22</tmpl_id>
    <attach_to_template></attach_to_template>
    </values>
    </set_use_template>
    </packet>

ACTION OUTPUT
    -------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no" ?>
    <packet version="2.2.3.15">
    <set_use_template>
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errcode>4003</errcode>
    <errtext>[Operator] PleskAgent error. Error Plesk server #7 answer for domain #868: (1019) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Invalid name. ASP.NET version is not supported. Supported versions are: 2.0, 1.1.</errtext>
    <id>868</id>
    <client_id>440</client_id>
    <server_id>7</server_id>
    <name>grapenet.co.za</name>
    </result>
    </set_use_template>
    </packet>

ACTION LOG:
    --------------
    May 22 2008 08:04:24 DomOp[:16691] ERR: Updating server #7 domain #868 data failed: (4003) [Operator] PleskAgent error. Error Plesk server #7 answer for domain #868: (1019) [PleskAgent - GENERAL] Invalid name. ASP.NET version is not supported. Supported versions are: 2.0, 1.1.

ACTION ERROR:
    --------------

TASKMAN OUTPUT:
    --------------
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="no"?>
    <packet version="0.1.1.0">
    <result>
    <status>error</status>
    <errtxt>Action executed with errors</errtxt>
    </result>
    </packet>
    ==================
    End of the Report

7. eugenevdm

eugenevdm Silver Pleskian

68%
    No need to worry any more, it appears even though the system was complaining about ASP.Net support it was actually the lack of Python support that caused the message. I got rid of the problem by removing Python support on the Expand template.

I found the problem by manually creating a domain on the destination using a template that mirrored the Expand server's, advice received from fakenbich. There I could see the Python error. Thank you!