• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error when editing domain

M

mochanin

I'm getting the following error when I edit a domain. If I click again submit, Plesk will perform the action without the error. Does anyone know what might cause this?

Filename: \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\50\isapi\web.config
Error: Cannot write configuration file due to insufficient permissions

In module
Exception type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at CIIS7ServerManagerBase.Commit(CIIS7ServerManagerBase* )
at configHosting(centervillecoeds.com)(WebServerAdapter::configHosting line 522)
at configHosting(centervillecoeds.com)(WebServerManager::configHosting line 2617)
at execute console command --reconfigure-vhost(vconsoleapp::start line 129)
at execute "C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\/admin/bin/websrvmng" --reconfigure-vhost "--vhost-name=centervillecoeds.com" "--config=<update context=\"domain\"><ssl/><scripts><php/><aspdotnet/></scripts><appPool/><errDocs/></update>"(vconsoleapp::run line 140)
Execute file name: C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin\websrvmng.exe

It is Windows 2008 Server Web Edition. What do you mean by shared configuration mode?

Hello,

i have the same Issue with Plesk 9.0, any news abot this problem?

Brgds,

Bernd

I found out the cause of the problem. It's caused by the Frontpage extensions. I had a domain, which didn't want to reconfigure and after i disable the Frontpage extensions everything went thru.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=xxx.ca
Filename: \\?\C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Web Server Extensions\50\isapi\web.config
Error: Cannot write configuration file due to insufficient permissions

In module
Exception type: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.Interop.AppHostWritableAdminManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ConfigurationManager.CommitChanges()
at Microsoft.Web.Administration.ServerManager.CommitChanges()
at CIIS7ServerManagerBase.Commit(CIIS7ServerManagerBase* )
C:\Program Files (x86)\Parallels\Plesk\admin\bin>websrvmng.exe --reconfigure-vhost --vhost-name=xxx.ca

In IIS 7 the Frontpage extensions are supplied by a third party company, not Microsoft, is there an alternative?

Thank you

Since it was reported several months ago, can we assume that a fix is comming in the next week?

Back