• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Error when publishing web site...

P

PeterTan

I have encountering error when publishing the web site. The error is the following:

Cannot publish site because the publishing location status is 'Static only'. If you want to publish anyway, please remove all modules from your site.
Details:
ASP.NET is not installed or is configured incorrectly..

However, since preview site works, we believe the asp.net has been setup correctly.

After further debug, we found out that it is when the sitebuilder's testing on the verify page that returned the following error:

The file '/wildcardranc/verifyd810541f-653e-4911-976f-849d189c5977.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: The file '/wildcardranc/verifyd810541f-653e-4911-976f-849d189c5977.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): The file '/wildcardranc/verifyd810541f-653e-4911-976f-849d189c5977.aspx' has not been pre-compiled, and cannot be requested.]
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultInternal(VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +3096390
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVPathBuildResultWithNoAssert(HttpContext context, VirtualPath virtualPath, Boolean noBuild, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean allowBuildInPrecompile) +93
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.GetVirtualPathObjectFactory(VirtualPath virtualPath, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +111
System.Web.Compilation.BuildManager.CreateInstanceFromVirtualPath(VirtualPath virtualPath, Type requiredBaseType, HttpContext context, Boolean allowCrossApp, Boolean noAssert) +54
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.GetHandlerHelper(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +31
System.Web.UI.PageHandlerFactory.System.Web.IHttpHandlerFactory2.GetHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath virtualPath, String physicalPath) +40
System.Web.HttpApplication.MapHttpHandler(HttpContext context, String requestType, VirtualPath path, String pathTranslated, Boolean useAppConfig) +139
System.Web.MapHandlerExecutionStep.System.Web.HttpApplication.IExecutionStep.Execute() +128
System.Web.HttpApplication.ExecuteStep(IExecutionStep step, Boolean& completedSynchronously) +161

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.1433; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.1433

Has anyone encountering this issue before?

After setting up this server, we have not been able to publish any dynamic site yet.

Actually, site preview works on Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder side so it does not mean that it will work on published side. You can check publishing location through the Sitebuilder panel and make sure that all requirements are observed on publication side. If this is the same server, make sure that ASP.NET enabled for this particular domain. Here you can check requirements for publishing host: http://download1.parallels.com/Site...tebuilder-4.5-win-admins-guide/toc5626170.htm. According to it, ASP.NET 2.0.50727 or later must be installed on the publishing server for dynamic sites.

Error when publishing web site

Guys,

I have been that problem too.

How can I fix it?

The provided web site URL does not exist on the specified server.

it seems that problem with asp.net has been fixt it. But, now appears that message above.

I've tried all possibilities that I know in the working directory, but nothing yet...

Someone can help me?

Dmitry,

I've been reading that article, but still not working.

Is possible you connect into my computer and see the problem? If possible, please tell when you can.

The systems insist there is a problem with working directory.

Here in brazil, now its 2:15pm.

Or I can send you an e-mail with pictures, include the user and password, so it is you can help me.

What do you prefer?

tks..
Júnior

i cant publishing my site

Guys,

There are two days that I ask for help from Parallels, and I just see screen with no explanation, just errors events.

I CANT PUBLISHING MY SITE...I ALREADY SENT SEVERAL MESSAGES AND NOTHING UNTIL NOW...

Please, see the error image at http://www.gospelsolutions.net/capture.png

login is right
passoword is right
working directory is right
web site URL is right, but it insists tell that is wrong. But isn't.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    49.1 KB · Views: 9
Same here...

I migrated from win2003 32bit (Plesk 9.0.1) --> win2008 64bit (Plesk 9.0.1). ASP.NET 3.5
Now all sites with modules have this error.

This bug since JANUARY is still unresolved. So I have to move my SB customers to one of my Linux hostings, migrating their sites by hand into SB Linux. In Linux you still are able to look into and modify the sitebuilder database by hand, also the script is php which makes everything easier, I cannot handle aspx, MS jet mdb's and MS directory permissions.

reconfigure vhosts also doesn't make a difference
ASP version 2 is recognised by Plesk and active for those domains, still no publish.

If there is no other solution, I will quit SB on my Windows servers for now, telling the users that SB Win won't work anymore. They have never paid for it because it was always buggy and I cannot ask money if I cannot guarantee that their sites and SB are always online. So I can save much time, money and nervs when I quit with SB Windows and continue with SB Linux.

Why two different Sitebuilder ? PHP runs on Win and Linux, so we could migrate even sites from Win to Linux. Like now you have two developer teams for two different plattforms, which is unnesecary (sorry my English). I don't see the advantage of ASP.NET. Or give us the abillity to publish to an external server (only limited by license page count), so we could install SB on a separate server to publish to the entire other servers we own. This would keep SB server clean and functional to work only for Sitebuilder. Also we could update php on publishing servers without headaches about sqlite or other compatibility.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello,

Since a couple of days I have sitebuilder 4.5.5 on my Plesk Panel server (8.6 patch 5), but when I'm creating an website in sitebuilder, he keeps saying:

De site kan niet worden gepubliceerd bij de opgegeven locatie.
Site kan niet worden gepubliceerd omdat status locatie van publicatie 'Fout' is.
Details:
Configuration error: Define the order in which the default documents (default.htm, default.aspx, etc.) will be used to respond the browser request..

When I'm going to that domain and put the default documents in the good way, he keeps coming with the message.

Has someone a resolution?

Kind regards,

Martijn

As I can see there is no resolvable name selected in Hosts section for publishing settings. There should be IP address or DNS name provided. Try to select there IP address or resolvable host name and check it one more time.

Dmitry,

I've been reading that article, but still not working.

Is possible you connect into my computer and see the problem? If possible, please tell when you can.

The systems insist there is a problem with working directory.

Here in brazil, now its 2:15pm.

Or I can send you an e-mail with pictures, include the user and password, so it is you can help me.

What do you prefer?

tks..
Júnior

Solution: 1: Create restore point and take registry backup.
2: Delete all temp files.
3: Delete all unwanted software's and security software's from add/remove program.
4: Disable all unwanted services from startup and then remove from registry.
5: Reset internet explorer and then register all .dll files.
6: Scan with spyware removal,hijackthis and trojon removal.
7: Check windows update if found and then download and install.
8: Restart the computer, and then check it.

Hello,
I implemented all the SiteBuilder in my company, and this error occurs when the ApplicationPool IIS is not 32bits, when the directory to be published not have write permission to the User that runs the site in IIS, or when publishing data Site stamen incorrect. Please check these data and attempt to make the publication.

Att Michael Stumpf
Web Developer. Net

Back