• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

EShop and Taxes

A

argos@

Hi,

I live in Canada and my costumers need to sale products with taxes that depend of the country and province of their costumers....

Is this features envisaged in roadmap of v4?

Thanks

No tax support

Hello,
Sitebuilder does not yet allow to account for different taxes depenging on the delivery location.
We will consider adding the taxes support into the v 4.1, though I expect it to be too complex to maintain: imagine an eShop selling across the whole globe. We would need an automated address classifier able to properly detect the target location and find appropriate tax settings. Most of our users either sell within single country/area only, or handle all orders manually and correct the amount to inculde shipping and charges.

Taxes support

Hi,

To keep simple, I think about new panel in eshop with taxes zones setting.

Code:
exemple: (Add Taxes Zones)

Country : Canada         State/Prov : [B] Quebec [/B]        Taxe name : TVQ     Rate : 7.500 (%)

Other Add:

Country : Canada         State/Prov : [B] QC  [/B]           Taxe name : TVQ     Rate : 7.500 (%)

Other Add:

Country : Canada         State/Prov : Any      Taxe name : TPS     Rate : 6.000 (%)

To keep simple, The fields Country and State/Prov must be Text fields. is realy more complexe with dropdown field.

If a buyer write canada (no match case) in country field, taxes (TPS) are applied.

If a buyer write New York in State/Prov field, no states taxes are applied.

If a buyer write "qc" or "QUEBEC" (no match case) in State/Prov field, taxes (TVQ) are applied.

It's juste an idea.

Thanks

Thank you for an idea.

But what if you forget to specify taxes for "QC"?
What if customer misprints the province name and specifies, say, "Quebek" or "Que bec"?
This does not seem robust enough.

Thanks

Sure, you're right, it's not robust, but maybe it's better than nothing?

Bye

I don't know - you're the user :)

I mean, if the customers will be able to easy fool the system and pay less taxes, then they will probably do that. Why bother with our efforts to develop the feature, and shop owner efforts to set it up, to get the same result as before?

Back