• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

eShop module problem after migration to new server

B

beauchman22

Previous convo from another thread:

me: A few sites had eSHop modules that don't seem to have moved over properly. Is there anything I can do to recover those sites completely? There was a lot of work put into those shops.

Haven't checked yet but will this happen for all modules transferred?

you: Did you change publishing location for the sites? If so, content from the old storage should be moved to new one and after that site should be re-published.
The thing is that Parallels Plesk Sitebuilder sites store database module on publication side, so in case of changing publishing location, old data should be moved to new location.

previous convo end
-------------------------------------------------------------
Ok so yes I did change the publishing location. I've moved everything to a new server and IP address. I did a back up of the mysql sitbuilder 3 database and transferred everything over. The few sites I have, look to be ok. The problem is the modules and namely the eSHOP for the one site.

I know you said the data is stored on the publication side so I transferred all the files exactly from the old server via FTP and then tried to re-publish the site and it fails.

Here's what it says
"The site has been published with errors.
Cannot connect to the database host. Click here for details"

Here's what it says after I click for details.

Cannot connect to the database host.
2 Cannot find data of 'Statistics' module (id is '16p8ko6g8vn'). All module data has been lost.
3 Cannot find data of 'eShop' module (id is '0kes7z5jfax'). All module data has been lost.
4 Cannot create an empty database for 'Statistics' module (id is '16p8ko6g8vn').
5 Cannot create an empty database for 'eShop' module (id is '0kes7z5jfax').
6 The data of 'Statistics' module (id is '16p8ko6g8vn') has not been published.
7 The data of 'eShop' module (id is '0kes7z5jfax') has not been published.
8 The modules data have been updated with errors.

I know all of the data is there, can you please help me restore it somehow.

Thanks a million!!

Not sure what could be wrong here. Could you please specify all details for how you migrated these sites.
Did you make any changes for the sites after they were migrated but before you copied modules database via FTP?
Try also check data/storage/sb_modules.php file for the site and see which databases are included there:

from the sites directory run:

sqlite data/storage/sb_modules.php
sqlite> .databases

I did exactly this http://kb.odin.com/en/5512

Then I have also moved all site files via FTP.

Looks like there is a lot of data in the sb_modules.php file that probably pertains to the .databases file.

.databases file is empty. How do I execute the sb_modules.php file to restore the .databases file?

And what do you mean :

"from the sites directory run:

sqlite data/storage/sb_modules.php
sqlite> .databases "

Please be more specific.

Thanks for you help.

Back