• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Event viewer errors!!

A

addstravel

Anyone receive these errors?

Faulting application MESMTPC.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module MEW2KDNS.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00003bcc.

Also produced this error:
The application, C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\Mail Enable\BIN\MESMTPC.EXE, generated an application error The error occurred on 09/07/2004 @ 16:27:00.671 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 00B63BCC (MEW2KDNS!DNSCheckForRecord)

This caused the plesk SMTP connector to fail and subsequently a host of support issues for me...?

Well, we have not seen this earlier.

Have you tried upgrading MailEnable to the latest version 1.8 (available on their site)? I will report this error to MailEnable, but as any vendor, they would suggest to upgrade first. As far as I know, this upgrade is painless.

Thanks will try this.

This makes me nervous as I am finding plesk and Mail enable to be unstable!

One question though, surely there should be a plesk update for any mailenable application upgrades as mail enable is configured for a plesk integration? If I upgrade from mail enable how can I be sure this will cause further problems?

One of the future updates will include MailEnable 1.8, but so far we had no stability issues with MailEnable.

I've submitted the issue you have to MailEnable, usually they are very responsive, I will update this thread when I have more info.

Sorry, just to let you know that it appears that once an email is attempted to be sent via CDO SYS to an external mail address (mail server) via Mail Enable the Plesk SMTP connector disables!

I have also noticed some more errors in the event viewer:

Detection of product '{2B8742CB-CEEB-4955-BE12-8FE5E89EE8AC}', feature 'Engine', component '{1A5DF1EB-BD7F-4644-BC9A-E9C1C10368AE}' failed. The resource 'C:\DOCUME~1\ADMINI~1\LOCALS~1\Temp\1\Plesk\psa_db.sql' does not exist.

Detection of product '{2B8742CB-CEEB-4955-BE12-8FE5E89EE8AC}', feature 'PleskUtils' failed during request for component '{22056900-C842-11D1-A0DD-00A0C9054277}'

Have you ever seen these before?

Update of recent findings:

I ran the plesk re-configurator tool to ensure mail settings are okay.

It appears that every 15 mins this error occurs after I have re-enabled the plesk stmp connector:

Faulting application MESMTPC.exe, version 0.0.0.0, faulting module MEW2KDNS.dll, version 0.0.0.0, fault address 0x00003bcc.

Well I think I have resolved this issue by applying Jaytee's advice on applying Mail Enables hotfixes! So so happy....

I am concerned that I needed to go to Mail Enable's website to do this, as I thought that Plesk should notify me and/or at least these hotfixes be highlighted on the sw-soft.com website? As Mail Enable is a plesk configured application surely some responsbility for letting clients know about hotfixes should be with them? Otherwise I am needing to go to two websites to ensure I have uptodate software...

What are your thoughts?

Hmm, now we know that at least one customer had a critical issue with older version of MailEnable, and we are going to include it in the update. The version, released with Plesk 7 is about 1 month older than 1.8, and so far we did not know about any significant improvements in 1.8.

Updating the third-party component just because the vendor has released a new version could be potentially dangerous. We only update them when we know that new version will improve Plesk user experience or fix critical bugs.

I also, am experiencing problems with Mail Enable SMTP. It simply stops with the error:

EventID 7031
The Plesk SMTP Connector service terminated unexpectedly.

We had the same errors with the MEW2KDNS.dll file.

Initially I updated Mail Enable to v1.8 - but that alone did not fix the issue.

I then found a hotfix here: http://mailenable.com/hotfix/default.asp

The September 9th DNS hotfix for Mail Enable Standard.

I was never sure why after several months of operation this problem began to show itself, but this hotfix seemed to clear it up.

Back