1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Everytime stats are run, /var partition goes under read only mode

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Linux Issues, Fixes, How-To' started by SalvadorS, Dec 17, 2009.

1. SalvadorS

SalvadorS Regular Pleskian

90%
    Hello,

I have to disable statistics on plesk because everytime this command was run /var partition goes into read mode only and I have to reboot the server.

I disable all statistics and try to run script.php manually:

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php

And this is the error:

ns1:/usr/local/psa/admin/sbin# /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
    statistics: Mysql server has gone away. Trying to reconnect
    statistics: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
    System error 111: Connection refused
    statistics: Unable to reconnect to the mysql database

[Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:48:30 +0100] ! 1 Error: Execution failed: statistics: Mysql server has gone away. Trying to reconnect
    statistics: Unable to connect to Plesk Database: Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (111)
    statistics: Unable to reconnect to the mysql database

[Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:48:30 +0100] ! 0 Error: Unable to connect to database: MySQL server has gone away
    [Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:48:30 +0100] ! 0 Error: Unable to connect to database: MySQL server has gone away
    [Thu, 17 Dec 2009 12:48:30 +0100] ! 1 Error: Execution failed: Empty error message from utility.
    PHP Fatal error: Exception thrown without a stack frame in Unknown on line 0

Any ideas?

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
    Looks like mysql is not started there. What status of mysql server before starting mentioned command?

3. SalvadorS

90%
    MySQL was up and running without any problem. Everytime we run /usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php we have the same problem (/var partition goes under read only status and we have to reboot the server) so we disable this script from the crontab.

Regards

4. IgorG

24%
    If I correctly understood you have separate partition for /var? I can assume that hardware related problems can be a reason of this issue. Do you have any filesystem related errors in /var/log/messages when /var became read-only?

5. SalvadorS

90%
    Hello,

Yes /var is a separate partition.

These are the filesystem related errors in /var/log/messages:

Dec 15 12:54:35 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): comenzando (version 2.16.1), pid 14978 usuario «root»
    Dec 15 12:54:36 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): Se resolvio la direccion «xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.mandatory» a una fuente de iguracion de solo lectura en la posicion 0
    Dec 15 12:54:36 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): Se resolvio la direccion «xml:readwrite:/root/.gconf» a una fuente de configuracion estable en la posicion 1
    Dec 15 12:54:36 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): Se resolvio la direccion «xml:readonly:/etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults» a una fuente de cguracion de solo lectura en la posicion 2
    Dec 15 12:54:37 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): Se resolvio la direccion «xml:readonly:/var/lib/gconf/debian.defaults» a una fuente de iguracion de solo lectura en la posicion 3
    Dec 15 12:54:37 ns1 gconfd (root-14978): Se resolvio la direccion «xml:readonly:/var/lib/gconf/defaults» a una fuente de configuon de solo lectura en la posicion 4

6. IgorG

24%
    I'm not familiar with this language, but seems it is not filesystem related errors but gconf related. Do you really have mountpoint in /etc/fstab for /var with rw permission? Do you really can't write on /var when you see messages about read-only?

7. Expert

Expert Guest

I have the same problem too

I have the same problem too

Mysql is UP
    And I don't use tomcat5.5 (my license do not support it)

Ubuntu Server 8.04 LTS

8. IgorG

24%
    For preventing error "MySQL server has gone away" try to increase wait_timeout in /etc/my.cnf:

wait_timeout 20000

Restart MySQL after that.

9. Expert

Expert Guest

This param already = 36000 since 2009 year )))

10. Expert

Expert Guest

if domain have no hosting

/usr/local/psa/bin/sw-engine-pleskrun /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/DailyMaintainance/script.php
    show errors:

but hosting for this domain is disabled and folders dose not exists and it's normal, why script.php think that is error...

this error:
    I resolve this problem.
    In my case it happens because of disappear some IP on my eth0 (thnx my ISP) and become a red state in panel.
    I delete all red state IPs and retry IP list.

All is ok now.

But I have a new question.
    How I can change main ip? It is show in dashboard below host name.
    When I have this problem this ip in red state IPs list.

11. IgorG

24%
  12. Expert

Expert Guest

I change main IP by deleting all old IPs and press Reload Ip's button. Now all is ok. Thanks!