• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Exclude files in backup

J

jerry2

Is there any plan to exclude files or folders by endings or other criteria, like that was in Plesk 8.x? Like *.png would exclude all ong's from backup?

Hello,

Please clarify what command line switch you suspect is not avaliable in the new version of Parallels Plesk Panel pleskbackup utility any more that was in the previous versions.

I don't know about command line, as I never used it, but Plesk up to 8.6 I could set exclude folder in GUI backup program and exclude as wildcard, so I could exclude all my big folders, backup folder etc.

Not as the GUI program (separate from web plesk) is gone, I have no option to exclude files or folders (not domains!).

Any way to get this back so I can upgrade my servers to 9.2?

Hello,

Please clarify what command line switch you suspect is not avaliable in the new version of Parallels Plesk Panel pleskbackup utility any more that was in the previous versions.

I am using Parallels Plesk Panel 9.2 on shared webhosting.
I do no se any command line option.
Where is it?

There is no any possibility to exclude files/directories from backup not via GUI and not via CLI backup utility. You can exclude only whole domains/clients.

Yes I allready know that, thank you. I was asking if there is any way you will RETURN US this functionalitty, because yu took it away with plesk 9.x and I can not upgrade because of that :-(

jerry2,

This functionality will be necessarily returned. Developers just had not time to make it yet.

jerry2,

This functionality will be necessarily returned. Developers just had not time to make it yet.

Thanx. This was a great functionality as on big sites I have to exclude some folders else I'd have a 25GB backup every day. Please return this in the next Plesk.

Back