• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Exclusive / Shared IP

H

Hans Hans

Hi!

what exactly is the difference between chossing the (one and only) IP-Adress as "exclusive" one or "shared" one?

What does this choice affect?

Regards,
Hans

IP address (not shared among other sites), or, in terms of Parallels Plesk Panel, exclusive IP address to be able to install an authentic digital SSL certificate for securing customers' communications to their site. This IP can be used by only one site.
You can assign a lot of sites to shared type of IP.

Okay thank you!

That means as long as I have no SSL certificate in use it doesn't matter what type of IP-Adress I choose?

Because as I have find out, even a "exclusive" IP can be used for several domains created in Plesk.

Regards
Hans

A exclusive IP address can be assigned to a single customer, while a shared IP address can be shared among several user accounts. Note that SSL protection with authentic digital certificates and Anonymous FTP services are available only to dedicated hosting accounts on a exclusive IP address. Shared hosting accounts can also have SSL protection, but visitors to such protected sites will get error messages in their browsers.

Back