1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Expand 2.2.3 and Plesk 8.3 Customer Templates / Limits

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.2 Troubleshooting Issues' started by prointernet, Mar 27, 2008.

1. prointernet

prointernet Guest

Hi,

we have a Problem with Expand Customer Templates. If we set the limits .. "Max Domains" in the Expand Template to Unlimited, the customer gets created on the target Plesk Server (Plesk Windows 8.3) and after that all limits are set to "0" and the Unlimited Checkbox is disabled??

Sebastian

2. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Hello Sebastian

Please clarify - what you mean saying "Expand Customers"?
    Are that Expand Clients or Plesk Clients? Plesk Expand has different account types and they behave differently. Knowing what account type you mean would help us to understand your issue better.

Regards

3. prointernet

prointernet Guest

Hi Sergey,

sorry, Customers = "Expand Clients" ... We want to create a "Client Template" in "Expand Clients" with predefined Limits like "Maximum number of Domains" "FTP" .. After that we add a new client in Expand with this template and expand creates the clients on all related plesk servers. BUT the limits on the plesk servers are set to <0> instead "unlimited" like in the expand template so i get an error that the maximum number of domains is exceeded on the plesk server ...

Sebastian

4. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Okay. I see now. It is intended behaviour actually. It was done to enable smart resource/limits management among multiple Plesk servers (primary feature of Expand clients). Let me explain:

Assume you have some limit of Expand Client set to 10. And he would have domains on 2 Plesk servers? How could we spread the limit between the servers? I could put 5 points to one server and 5 to another. But what if end-user needs 7 items on the first server and just 3 on the second? Any schema would cause a potential problem of having some free resources on one server and not having them on another one.

Thus another scheme is applied. Each server gets absolute minimum of resources. When Expand Client is instanced to any Plesk server - the customer on the server has all limits set to zero. When you need more resources, they are added on demand from a common pool. So if create any domain on that server or increase limits of any existing domain - Plesk Expand considers it as resource allocation request and updates customers limits on the server to a correct value. Of course, these operations (creating domain or increasing limits) should be performed from Plesk Expand interface - for this purpose Expand Clients are granted with ability to login in Plesk Expand.

This approach allows to keep most of resources in a kind of pool from where you can take them for allocation to any Plesk server.

After your post I've understood that "unlimited" is a special value which we can treat more flexible as unlimited + unlimited + ... + unlimited = unlimited. So I could assign each customer on each server unlimited values and then you won't encounter this problem. We will consider this issue to fix - of course, if no drawbacks would be detected there.

Sincerely yours