1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

Expand Client Improvements

Discussion in 'Plesk Expand 2.1 New Feature Requests' started by SHGreg, May 20, 2007.

1. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

When I log in as an Expand Client I see titles such as 'Expand Client Tools' and 'Expand Client Information'. This text is targeted to admins and needs to be changed to target the client, such as 'Tools' and 'Your Information'. (This is also a problem in Plesk)

Why does a Client have access to 'Migrations'? I believe this should be an admin only tool.

Why does a Client have access to a 'Server'? I believe this should also be admin only, their 'Profile' information can be placed on the 'Home' page.

The 'Help' button currently displays admin targeted help files which should be changed to target a Client.

Clients need to have a 'DNS Zone Template' which will be used by any new domains created under their account. (Expand Admin also needs this feature to cover all assigned Plesk servers)

Only display to the Client the options thay have permissions for. If a Clients limit is set to zero, do not display it. At present, clicking on 'Limits' or 'Permissions' displays all the zero or unavailable options. Adding a domain also displays Windows options even though I have no Windows servers assigned!

If a Plesk client is converted to a Expand Client, they should not be able to login directly to that Plesk client account or any other Plesk client accounts the Expand Client creates (when they add a domain). I would like an option to 'Force Expand Login Only'.

It seems like Expand is a step backwards from Plesk. I am reluctant to switch my clients to Expand as the control panel seems inferior to what they already use. Will Expand catch up with Plesk in the next release?

2. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

When clicking on a domain, 'Plesk Client' and 'Plesk Server' are displayed under 'Domain Information' which should be admin only.

3. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Thank you for your feedback
    It is very appreciated

I've registered your bugreport and put it in development queue.

Expand Clients might need to move their domains to another server which they can use.

"Server" page is a container for 3 buttons which Expand Client has access to - Support, Profile, Action Log (client can look at details of actions he initiated). There is no server-wide settings which client can change.

I've registered your feature request and put it in development queue.

If we do not show Client his limits or permissions, he does not know why he can not do some operation. Though he can not change anything on these pages, he can refer there for informational purposes.

Concerning showing Windows- limits and permissions - I've registered your feature request and put it in development queue.

Expand Clients are extension over Plesk Clients. I do not think it is correct to hide this information which might be important for troubleshooting and etc.

Plesk Expand does not intend to replace Plesk completely. It is important addon giving additional functionality, but not a complete replacement or super-/master- product making Plesk UI not necessary.

In long-term (SWsoft OpenFusion initiative) the products will have very (probably even completely) integrated UI though user won't care at all if he is at Plesk or at Plesk Expand screen now. But it won't be available yet in next release (this summer).

4. SHGreg

SHGreg Guest

Thank you for your reply, it is also appreciated :)

It would be nice to see a client option to enable/diable this feature.

I don't think a client should see a 'Server' option. Maybe the Profile and Action Log buttons could be placed elsewhere? The Support option should not be there as my clients would never contact SWsoft for problems with their hosting! They also view the Plesk key number here and at the top of all pages which should be admin only.

I still don't see why a client would need to see what features are NOT available to them. They choose a package from the hosts website so are aware of any additional features that may be offered on different plans the host may offer.

Good to hear :) The Expand release this Summer will be 2.2? So it will be at least version 3.0 before any of these improvements will be available? Will version 3.0 be out this year or next? (I realise you probably can't answer that, no harm in asking ;) )

5. Sergey L

Sergey L Golden Pleskian Staff Member

43%
    Sorry for not answering so long.

I've registerd the feature request.

Okay, we will think how to remade UI.

Well, if client does not the Limits page at all, how can he know that he is limited to 1Gb of diskspace?

I can't tell you ETA and version number. It is not because it is confidential or something like that. It just is not completely defined yet, and might change due to various reasons.