1. Please take a little time for this simple survey! Thank you for participating!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dear Pleskians, please read this carefully! New attachments and other rules Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dear Pleskians, I really hope that you will share your opinion in this Special topic for chatter about Plesk in the Clouds. Thank you!
    Dismiss Notice

External Firewall with multiple ip addresses

Discussion in 'Plesk 9.x for Windows Suggestions and Feedback' started by jdroger2, Feb 8, 2010.

1. jdroger2

jdroger2 Guest

I have a plesk server that right now faces the internet and I want to put it behind a MS Forefront TMG (ISA) firewall. What I'm trying to figure out is how to handle the public IP addresses. Lets say I use public ips :

64.128.1.1 (25 public domains)
    64.128.1.5 (1 public domain)
    204.100.3.166 (25 public domains)

and my plesk server's private IP is 10.0.0.10

Should I give my plesk server 2 more private IPs and then map each of the public IPs to a private IP or should I map all 3 public IPs to the 1 private IP? If so, how will IIS or plesk know to serve the right sites for the different domains / IPs?

Thanks!

2. IgorG

IgorG Forums Analyst Staff Member

24%
  3. jdroger2

jdroger2 Guest

Thanks for the reply Igor. I have seen that page before but it doesn't address what to do with *multiple* external IPs. I'm still left with:

Should I give my plesk server 2 more private IPs and then map each of the public IPs to a private IP or should I map all 3 public IPs to the 1 private IP? If so, how will IIS or plesk know to serve the right sites for the different domains / IPs?

Thanks