• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

External Firewall with multiple ip addresses

J

jdroger2

I have a plesk server that right now faces the internet and I want to put it behind a MS Forefront TMG (ISA) firewall. What I'm trying to figure out is how to handle the public IP addresses. Lets say I use public ips :

64.128.1.1 (25 public domains)
64.128.1.5 (1 public domain)
204.100.3.166 (25 public domains)

and my plesk server's private IP is 10.0.0.10

Should I give my plesk server 2 more private IPs and then map each of the public IPs to a private IP or should I map all 3 public IPs to the 1 private IP? If so, how will IIS or plesk know to serve the right sites for the different domains / IPs?

Thanks!

Thanks for the reply Igor. I have seen that page before but it doesn't address what to do with *multiple* external IPs. I'm still left with:

Should I give my plesk server 2 more private IPs and then map each of the public IPs to a private IP or should I map all 3 public IPs to the 1 private IP? If so, how will IIS or plesk know to serve the right sites for the different domains / IPs?

Thanks

Back