• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

External Virus soft ????

keymasterdk

Basic Pleskian
Hi

Maby it is a stuped question but do i need extra virus protection on the server. as we all know plesk is runnning virus software scanning mail etc. but what about the whole server, right now im running Norton antivirus corperate on the server also but maby this slows down the server so it would be nice to know if i realy need to run this external anti virus also ??

Regards John

Hi John

Did you find a soulution to this?

We have Dr. Web - but how can I say this. Its a white t-shirt, but not that white t-shirt.. :)

I tried McAfee once, but the smtp port was blocked by it.

:confused:

Regards
Jacob

Hi :)

No sorry no one has responded on this post so i still dont know if 2 virus programs is needed on a plesk server ????

Regards John

unfortunatly it is true. plesk drweb and kaspersky is used only for mail virus scaning. you need to use external anti-virus software to protect your whole server.

Anti Virus

Doesn't plesk charge additional for the virus protection? I don't have nay running :eek: because I thought they were charging for it.

Panda Antivirus

Hi all

After a couple of days with serious problems, we installed Panda Antivirus on the Plesk servers.

We have a BusinesSecure Admin server on our network controlling all servers in our hosting environment. We installed Panda ClientShield on the Windows Plesk servers running 7.0.3, 7.5.6 and 8.1.

We excluded mailenable folders.

Write me for prices.

Regards
Jacob Schmidt

www.eze.dk
www.panda-software.dk

Panda Business Partner

Hello,

I have check NOD32 from eset.com and found it eligible for

1) windows 2003 server with IIS and Plesk Control Panel

2) Virtuozzo

So , I can say one thing.

www.eset.com

Our company is also selling license from NOD32 anti virus for windows 2003 server so you may order it from us.

very easyy....

I find AVG EMAIL command line scanner is the best and most suited . It removes almost 95% virus.

I'm using NOD32 for my Win2003 Server too.
It works fine :)

I must say NOD32 works best for me...

No problems, very fast, detects also malware, spyware, trojans,...

Great soft - I use it on windows server 2003 with plesk 8.1 - realtime scaning for Inetpub and subfolders, files,... and MTA pickup event on MailEnable to scan incoming and outgoing mails...

No problems so far...

Aris, www.slohost.net

Back