• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Failed deployment of webuser

I

idagroup

Hello, I try to migrate an Ensim server to Plesk and get lots of:

Failed deployment of webuser john_doe (domain test.com)

Execution of /usr/local/psa/admin/plib/api-cli/webuser.php --create john_doe -domain test.com -passwd failed with return code 1.
Stderr is
Wrong syntax for command's "--create" parameter

I already found out, that the problem has to do with usernames that contain underscore, dash or points (john.doe, john_doe or john-doe)

is there a work around to have those users migrated?

We have a couple domains who run hundreds of [email protected] users and they wouldn't be very happy if we can't migrate them

Thanks a lot,
Robin

Either I'm the only one who experienced this problem, or nobody seems to care about or is willing to help.

...yes we still have the same issues with the migration :(

Originally posted by idagroup
Either I'm the only one who experienced this problem, or nobody seems to care about or is willing to help.

...yes we still have the same issues with the migration :(

Hi,
don't be so sad;)
i know that this problem can be related not to all OSes
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-list/2004-May/msg02841.html

for example, on fedora there are no such behavior;

i don't know what OS you use, but i can advise you to wait for v. 9.0
or contact support team of SWsoft.

Hi and thanks for responding. I'm using CentOS 5 and this is basically RedHat from my undersanding ...don't know if we wait till 9 comes, or just do the switch to CPanel ..they have migration problems too, but less ;)

BTW: it also does it with dash or underscore names ..I guess it's more the fault of the PHP because it "thiks" there is a new command after a dash for example.

i believe if this issue is related to Plesk, SWsoft guys will fix it at 9.0 I hope;)
let's wait till spring...

Hi, yes I know but we planned to buy 80+ licenses and I did not see the point to pay for a question like this and before we even decide if it's gonna be Plesk or cPanel.

And what would they say anyway? I mean they are not going to program a hotfix or anything like that for us, do they?

Well, we go with cPanel now, cause those folks where very willing to help immediately and with no costs at all. ...plus they don't try to rub there advertisement into our customers face.
Migration has more hops, but I think it's worth it.

..in case somebody needs a Plesk 100 licence ...we have one up for sale ;)

Back