• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

failed upgrade to 7.5.4

R

rspurlock

Upgrade procedure.. was: failed upgrade to 7.5.4

Hello all, I have a failed upgrade to Plesk 7.5.4 fro 7.5.3. So I'm going to go command line and do it that way. But here's the question:

Do I upgrade my CentOS to 3.6 before I run the upgrade? Or should it be done afterwards? Basiclly I want both, but since there is an install for 7.5.4 for both CentOS 3.3 and 3.6, how do I get to the end point with both installed?

TIA

Rob

{previous post}

Hello all,

I just attempted an upgrade on one of our servers from 7.5.3 to 7.5.4 while we attempt to get caught up to v8.

The upgrade (using autoupdater) failed the first time with this messages:

Installing /PSA_7.5.4/rpm_CentOS_3.3/opt/docs/psa-manual-custom-skin-guide-7.5.4-centos3.3.build75050824.12.noarch.rpm
error: Failed dependencies:
psa-api-common = 7.5.3 is needed by (installed) psa-api-rpc-7.5.3-centos3.3.build75050509.09

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Thu Aug 10 00:53:15 2006

So I removed the psa-api-rpc rpm then tried again. Now Plesk won't even start. Here's the excerpt from the log:

Unable to resolve hostname or establish network access to
local host: psk03-ded.lnhosting.com. You should fix this problem prior to installing
Plesk. After you are done, run the installation again.

error: %pre(psa-7.5.4-centos3.3.build75050824.12) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
error: install: %pre scriptlet failed (2), skipping psa-7.5.4-centos3.3.build75050824.12
Trying to stop Admin server... done
Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/css/left/custom.css': No such file or directory
chown: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/css/left/custom.css': No such file or directory

ERROR while trying to chown root:0 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/css/left/custom.css
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-hotfix75060118.21.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-hotfix5-7.5.4-centos3.3.build75060118.21) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... cp: cannot create regular file `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/images/top_body_bg.jpg': No such file or directory
chown: failed to get attributes of `/usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/images/top_body_bg.jpg': No such file or directory

ERROR while trying to chown root:0 /usr/local/psa/admin/htdocs/skins/plesk.christmas/images/top_body_bg.jpg
Check the error reason(see log file: /tmp/psa-hotfix75060322.08.log), fix and try again

Aborting...

error: %post(psa-hotfix6-7.5.4-centos3.3.build75060322.08) scriptlet failed, exit status 1
Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... Trying to fix mailman path in psa.conf... done
done
Trying to replace files and set up right permissions... done

----- end of output -----
===> Autoinstaller: stopped logging at Thu Aug 10 01:15:50 2006

Help?

Back