• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\S

R

robtbs

What the hell is this?
All i did was tried to login to the control panel...

Anyone any ideas?
I get this all the time now trying to..

https://<ip>:8443

Full Error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function: mb_internal_encoding() in C:\Program Files\SWsoft\Plesk\admin\plib\messages.php on line 6

Iv check all my php.ini files... the php_mbstring.dll extention is enabled :(

Try to use command
defpackagemng --fix
If it does not help - reinstall php via Plesk modifier

I installed 7.5.5 on a clean server, installed the latest ZendOptimizer, and had the same problem. After uninstalling Zend Optimizer, Plesk CP is back to normal.

Zend optimizer can't be installed on Plesk system without some tweaking. By default Zend changes %system_root%\php.ini file and creates direct link to it in Windows Registry, so Plesk can't work in such conditions (it must use it's own plesk\admin\bin\php.ini). Thus, after installing Zend you have to delete registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\inifile (or something about, it points to c:\windows\php.ini)

Originally posted by jbuts
Zend optimizer can't be installed on Plesk system without some tweaking. By default Zend changes %system_root%\php.ini file and creates direct link to it in Windows Registry, so Plesk can't work in such conditions (it must use it's own plesk\admin\bin\php.ini). Thus, after installing Zend you have to delete registry key HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\PHP\inifile (or something about, it points to c:\windows\php.ini)

Could someone clear this up for me please?
I am having this same problem, however I do not understand what has to be done to solve it.

do exactly as it says.
contact me if you like it done for you

Well I tried both clearing the key and deleting it however it still gives the error... Do I need to reboot the server after?
Sorry.. I am new to this. :-(

Anyone able to help me out here please? I really need to get this working ASAP. :-( Customers waiting.

Alright, so how's this for a stumper. I'm getting this error on the control panel, but Zend is not now and has not ever been installed on this server. Furthermore, there's no such PHP entry in the registry.

This is Plesk 7.5. Any ideas what might have caused it? The only thing that's been installed lately are some Windows updates.

Was a resolution ever found ot this problem for users who were not runnin zend (nor had it installed). The KB article is not helping much as that specific registery key is simply not present.

Faisal

Back