• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

Fatal error: extension 'sitebuilder' was not found

LuciaH

New Pleskian
I use SiteBuilder 2.x.
I am switching my SiteBuilder 2.x to a new server.

However when open the browser, I have this error:
"Fatal error: extension 'sitebuilder' was not found"

I tried > php -v and this is my result:

[root@localhost Sitebuilder.2.1.3]# php -v
PHP: Error parsing /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini on line 1
Failed loading extension_dir: extension_dir: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0
PHP 5.2.6 (cli) (built: Sep 13 2008 11:13:29)
Copyright (c) 1997-2008 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.2.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2008 Zend Technologies
with the ionCube PHP Loader v3.3.7, Copyright (c) 2002-2009, by ionCube Ltd.

I open ioncube-loader.ini, it has only 1 line:
zend_extension=extension_dir => /usr/lib/php/modules => /usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so
and the file php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so is in the folder.

Can anybody help me with this problem?

Thanks

Check content of /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini file. It should be something like

# cat /etc/php.d/ioncube-loader.ini
zend_extension=/usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

and make sure that file is really there:

# ls -la /usr/lib/php/modules/php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so

I have successfully fixed the ioncube problem.
However I am still having problem loading the sitebuilder. As you may see from the command below, the PHP couldn't find the sitebuilder.so. I try to locate the file and copy it from /usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so to /usr/lib/php/modules/.
But I still have this error:
"/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: undefined symbol: empty_string in Unknown on line 0"

Thanks.

[root@localhost ioncube]# php -v
PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

[root@localhost ioncube]# find / -name 'sitebuilder.so'
/usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so

[root@localhost ioncube]# cp /usr/lib/php4/sitebuilder.so /usr/lib/php/modules/

[root@localhost ioncube]# ls /usr/lib/php/modules/
apc.so dom.so json.so mbstring.so mysql.so pdo_mysql.so pdo_pgsql.so pdo_sqlite.so php_ioncube_loader_lin_5.2.so xmlreader.so xsl.so
dbase.so gd.so ldap.so mysqli.so odbc.so pdo_odbc.so pdo.so pgsql.so sitebuilder.so xmlwriter.so zip.so

[root@localhost ioncube]# apachectl restart

You have Sitebuilder v2.x installed, which is incompatible with PHP5, once sitebuilder.so is loaded into PHP5 the corresponding error is noted:

PHP Warning: PHP Startup: Unable to load dynamic library '/usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so' - /usr/lib/php/modules/sitebuilder.so: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory in Unknown on line 0

Please downgrade PHP to v4 to allow for proper Sitebuilder 2 functioning, or upgrade Sitebuilder to v4.5.

Back