• If you are still using CentOS 7.9, it's time to convert to Alma 8 with the free centos2alma tool by Plesk or Plesk Migrator. Please let us know your experiences or concerns in this thread:
    CentOS2Alma discussion

FC3 & PSA 7.5.4 From Scratch

S

Stucco

I'm very frustrated after a week or so of this. Could someone please explain the best steps to getting a brand new box with no OS going with PSA 7.5.4.

I just did a VMWare machine install of FC3. I chose Server and minimal in my packages list. I then ran the psa auto install script, and during the next bootup I already have hundreds of lines of errors.

This is as fresh an install as you get. What am I doing wrong?

Did you not read the list which Cranky posted in the other thread: ??

http://forum.sw-soft.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=124456#post124456

After doing your Server minimal, you still need to check to make sure all the listed packages are pre-installed before attempting to install Plesk.

Frustration is often of our own doing. I know this quite well, hard learned over many decades.....

I personally do not do 'minimal' installs, makes more work to do afterwards... I find it easier to remove whatever packages I don't want or need AFTERwards.

Thanks, sorry I'm so frustrated. I finally figured some stuff out with old_passwords and /etc/hosts file. Now FTP and MySQL are working, so I'm a lot closer to done.

Ok, everything seems great except for one little thing. My PHP is working intermittently. Half the time it executes, the other half the time is just displays the bare code on the page.

I think it may have something to do with Zend.

Well, the problem was with Zend, but I couldn't get it to go away once I fixed Zend because my Google Web Accelerator was kind enough to cache the raw php code and serve it to me again and again.

I should get an award.

Back